Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 88 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

Talking about centerbacks, the link to that Michael Morrison geezer has gone stale, another free, but a top experienced centreback.

I'm not sure that was a rumour from a decent source although i wish it was. There are so many people on twitter claiming to be journalists with contacts or agents but a quick look at previous tweets proves they are just trolls trying to get attention by making stuff up and a couple of google searchs proves they aren't real people. It seems like it's the latest fad as there are more and more of these accounts popping up.

Think 1 year deals are becoming increasingly common for players who have suffered many setbacks, if it continues than it's no harm done, although, if he has a stunning season, it might be difficult to keep hd of him, I hope we have an automatic 1 year extension that can be triggered if so.

Not convinced personally but a one year deal means we aren’t lumbered long term. Perhaps lessons have been learned about wasting wages. On the other hand his medical must have been less than convincing.

You can't go wrong with a 1 year deal. Hopefully it will have a clause in that we can extend if he hits a certain number of games so if he does well we can automatically tie him up longer.

Pleased with that.

Can’t say I’m pleased king. He manages around 9 games a season. If we are relying on a player with that type of injury record over a significant time period then we are up shit creek. Unless it was Messi or similar I wouldn’t sign any player than only averages that. Wouldn’t have touched him with a barge pole personally. Sadly I think it’s reflective of the mess we’ve made of things this window.

Last edited:
Chuffed he's over the line, common sense from the club with the 1 year deal. Just hoping we've also got that extension clause, don't fancy him being robbed on a free if he's impresses.

On to the next one. Good progress

Can’t say I’m pleased king. He manages around 8 games a season. If we are relying on a player with that type of injury record over a significant time period then we are up shit creek. Unless it was Messi or similar I wouldn’t sign any player than only averages that. Wouldn’t have touched him with a barge pole personally. Sadly I think it’s reflective of the mess we’ve made of things this window.
So if we had kept Powell and got a similar amount of games would that of been ok? Considering the wages will be so much lower

So if we had kept Powell and got a similar amount of games would that of been ok? Considering the wages will be so much lower

We think Powells injury record was bad, but it’s hardly comparable to MacLeods.

Powell made 92 appearances for us in 3 years scoring 29 goals. MacLeod 41 appearances in 4 1/2 years at Brentford scoring just the 4. So on average 31 appearances a season and 10 goals against 9 and 1. Utterly pointless signing considering the likely return.

We think Powells injury record was bad, but it’s hardly comparable to MacLeods.

Powell made 92 appearances for us in 3 years scoring 29 goals. MacLeod 41 appearances in 4 1/2 years at Brentford scoring just the 4. So on average 31 appearances a season and 10 goals against 9 and 1. Utterly pointless signing considering the likely return.

This is quite a promising signing cos all previous freebie recruits and slated (ala Burn, Massey, Naismith etc) haven't done too bad for us.
Welcome aboard Lewis, prepare for the ride.