Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies | Page 159 | Vital Football

Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies

I would buy an official shirt again if it had GALVIN on the back.... that's how old I am. LOL.
He was a great player watching Rose Walker consistently miss hit crosses and Eriksen fail to beat the first man Tony Galvin should spend one a day week and teach the over paid walllies how to deliver. He hit the byline and every time a dangerous ball. Kane would get forty goals a season off of him.

It was decided by the PL chairman, who felt that on balance starting a season with players who wanted to be elsewhere was undermining the ability to get business done and undermining team preparations.

Overall, I think they were right. If you're going to have windows, close them before the season starts.
I understand the theory behind that Ex but it doesn’t make a blind bit of difference behind the thinking of players who want to be away from the club . If anything , it puts the club in the worst possible scenario by making the position of the club vulnerable . If a player wants away , having our window shut and the European windows open doesn’t help in any shape or form .
If anything it makes it worse for getting business done and team preparations . In my opinion this situation just does not make sense .
It didn’t when it was decided in 2017 , I think it was , and it doesn’t now

Don’t know if anyone has seen this or reported it, I haven’t trawled the thread.
English Premier League outfit Tottenham Hotspur are closing in acquiring services of Spain U21 international Dani Olmo.

The 21-year-old has played a key role in guiding Spain to U21 European Championship triumph and is also being followed by Italian Serie A giants AC Milan.

However, according to Madrid-based media outlet Marca, Spurs are in a prime position to sign the young attacking winger who plays for Croatian club Dinamo Zagreb and are ready to offer fee in the region of €25 million.

I understand the theory behind that Ex but it doesn’t make a blind bit of difference behind the thinking of players who want to be away from the club . If anything , it puts the club in the worst possible scenario by making the position of the club vulnerable . If a player wants away , having our window shut and the European windows open doesn’t help in any shape or form .
If anything it makes it worse for getting business done and team preparations . In my opinion this situation just does not make sense .
It didn’t when it was decided in 2017 , I think it was , and it doesn’t now

then we have to agree to disagree, as I think it has nothing but big positives in it - players know that if the club is strong enough and the window has closed they're not being sold and have to get their heads done and get on with it,.

It's a great conversation. Surely, outgoings should be as much pre-determined as incoming players? When has that ever been the case at Spurs?

We're middle of July and it's still a lottery whether Trips stays or goes. Why is that? I'd stick money on him leaving but would expect to get some very decent odds. I wouldn't be surprised if he stays another year though.

For me, it's a growing pain at the club. It's part fo becoming a truly big club.

It's a great conversation. Surely, outgoings should be as much pre-determined as incoming players? When has that ever been the case at Spurs?

We're middle of July and it's still a lottery whether Trips stays or goes. Why is that? I'd stick money on him leaving but would expect to get some very decent odds. I wouldn't be surprised if he stays another year though.

For me, it's a growing pain at the club. It's part fo becoming a truly big club.

We have never been able to shift the dead wood.

Levy asks too much for them/happy to sit on wages.

then we have to agree to disagree, as I think it has nothing but big positives in it - players know that if the club is strong enough and the window has closed they're not being sold and have to get their heads done and get on with it,.
Ok , I can certainly do that , to agree to disagree .,
Let me just put the Eriksen scenario out there .
It’s widely assumed his heart in Madrid , he has never publicly personally said as much but we all assume it , I think. In fact he has actually said publicly that if he doesn't find a new challenge then , if Tottenham are in a position to offer him a new contract he would be happy to to stay .
We also assume rightly or wrongly , that Pogba has similar ambitions of Madrid or possibly Juventus .
These negotiations are free to carry on until the end of August , even deadline day in Spain and Italy . Should Madrid have an either/ or opinion on these two then things can get complicated.
As you have said ,rightly , on many occasions, it is extremely difficult to find a perfect solution and transfers can break down at any time .
If the Eriksen pogba situation is what is being reported and drags on after our window shuts ,
Madrid or Juventus would be in no hurry to conclude any deals and then it would be down to Tottenham to tell Christian that there is no way they would consider transferring him for any fee .
As I’ve have said , I cannot see how that helps the club or player.

It’s a good job we all have different opinions otherwise there would be no need for forums .(y)

It’s all completely jammed up.

Thought the Hazard/Ndombele moves would have started things moving

All I see with that deal we will end up being weaker in the CB area when he goes. I bet we don't sign a CB when he is sold. Poch will use Foyth and Dier which is a massive downgrade.

Unless they are selling us Zaniolo they f**k right off. Who the hell are we going to replace him with that mug Maguire at 80 million euros. The Alderweireld contract has been a complete shambles another pat on the back for Levy. He clearly took his eye off the football side of the business whilst getting the stadium built.

And here is the hurried solution ...
https://www.teamtalk.com/news/totte...ransfer-to-land-e30m-alderweireld-replacement

Dont get me wrong this boy has ability but it is not an equitable replacement. He is too raw to be Toby's stand in understudy but not stand in. We still have a small time mentality

Last edited:
Unless they are selling us Zaniolo they f**k right off. Who the hell are we going to replace him with that mug Maguire at 80 million euros. The Alderweireld contract has been a complete shambles another pat on the back for Levy. He clearly took his eye off the football side of the business whilst getting the stadium built.

And here is the hurried solution ...
https://www.teamtalk.com/news/totte...ransfer-to-land-e30m-alderweireld-replacement

Dont get me wrong this boy has ability but it is not an equitable replacement. He is too raw to be Toby's stand in understudy but not stand in. We still have a small time mentality
Time for Sanzhez to step up. He is a centre back isn't he? 42 million quids worth.

At some point, we are going to have to replace the best CB combo in the league, perhaps the world. The next combo in is not going to measure up.

That some point would be next summer when they both get to walk on a free.

We need a quality CB bought this summer to form a future relationship with Sanchez, Extends Verts, settle the Dier situation and get Foyth a good loan to get game time.

There's a lot of work at CB, and as Kiny said we are at risk of just shifting the squad problem to a different position.