5,700 ST's Sold | Page 6 | Vital Football

5,700 ST's Sold

Are you sure about that statement. Can I point you to this article for reference:

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2...orks-law-pitfalls-and-future-concert-football

You've signed up to a ticket on the agreement that it is "non-transferable" also

"Transfer of Season Tickets
The Club would like to remind Season Ticket Holders that their seat is provided for their use only. Season Tickets are non-transferable and LCFC reserve the right to cancel any Season Tickets deemed to have been misused. "

For instance, if you were to hand your ticket to a mate in the same price band, how is the bloke on the turnstile going to know its not the actual season ticket holder ? They are not are they.

For instance, if you were to hand your ticket to a mate in the same price band, how is the bloke on the turnstile going to know its not the actual season ticket holder ? They are not are they.

Agreed, they are not. 6 people all using one Eventbrite login for a single season ticket and getting waved through the turnstile is more of a problem (if that's the reason they've pulled the electronic version)

Agreed, they are not. 6 people all using one Eventbrite login for a single season ticket and getting waved through the turnstile is more of a problem (if that's the reason they've pulled the electronic version)

Although, in a nearly full stadium, you do wonder where they would all sit.

Don't think that is the reason as once a ticket is scanned it cannot be used again.

Plenty of times my non season tickets wasn't scanned through last season...

Not much sitting down goes on to the left of where you sit mate :)

Re not scanning. Well thats the turnstiles operatir fault. Last season mine and all tickets are scanned on entry or else you would not get a wrist band.

You've signed up to a ticket on the agreement that it is "non-transferable" also

"Transfer of Season Tickets
The Club would like to remind Season Ticket Holders that their seat is provided for their use only. Season Tickets are non-transferable and LCFC reserve the right to cancel any Season Tickets deemed to have been misused. "

Clubs are obliged to make such statements to cover themselves. In practice most clubs would prefer the seats to be used, if only on the basis that there will be more fans supporting the team if the seat is taken.

For example, at clubs like Liverpool a large proportion of the attendees will not be the season ticket holders named on individual cards. Usually it is families or friends sharing those cards/logins. It does not cause problems and ensures the ground is full and the support is loud.

In my case, I live so far away it is probably only on the day that it becomes clear I cannot make the game. I always try to make sure my seat is occupied though, and I never charge for it.

Berksimps on the money with that. There is only a problem if more than one person accesses the same seat. Technically in a non sold out game they would also prefer that ST are not passed on and the additional potential customer purchased their own at full price. However in effect clubs know how emotionally attached the fans are so probably don’t want to p off the loyal fans so long as it is not regular profiteering abuse they turn a blind eye to it.

With your PL Clubs, people selling tickets on doesn't matter as much because of PL money etc.

At our level, it adds up and the % of our turnover is obviously a lot higher than them.

Surely the scanner should inform the turnstile operative that the code has been used that day already and not allow entrance to the second person attempting to gain access... Seems crazy to remove the Eventbrite e-ticket functionality. (I'm bias as I used my eticket at every home game last season)

Fewer and fewer people carry wallets anymore...

The scanner shows up the name and what the ticket is. My son noticed it last season. Three should be no way that an adult could get in on a child ticket green or red stripe because the scanner shows the detail.

In the good old days of season ticket "books/wallets" (before all this scanning) if we couldn't go then we might lend the book(s) to a mate and the seat was occupied.

The problem here is not the same. Lend your card to your mate if you can't go. As long as adult has adult ticket and child a child ticket there is not a problem and no-one would know.

The problem is obviously people selling on the ticket and forwarding just the electronic version. The physical card being handed around is the same as handing your book to your mate while you are on hols.

In the good old days of season ticket "books/wallets" (before all this scanning) if we couldn't go then we might lend the book(s) to a mate and the seat was occupied.

The problem here is not the same. Lend your card to your mate if you can't go. As long as adult has adult ticket and child a child ticket there is not a problem and no-one would know.

The problem is obviously people selling on the ticket and forwarding just the electronic version. The physical card being handed around is the same as handing your book to your mate while you are on hols.
Possibly the Banter Ticket page is to blame

Surely the scanner should inform the turnstile operative that the code has been used that day already and not allow entrance to the second person attempting to gain access... Seems crazy to remove the Eventbrite e-ticket functionality. (I'm bias as I used my eticket at every home game last season)

Fewer and fewer people carry wallets anymore...
It struggles a bit if both are used at different turnstiles at the same time

For example, at clubs like Liverpool a large proportion of the attendees will not be the season ticket holders named on individual cards. Usually it is families or friends sharing those cards/logins. It does not cause problems and ensures the ground is full and the support is loud.

Correct.

Liverpool season tickets are handed down through families and wills and very few have the name of the indivdual using the season ticket.

There was a well publised article of a Liverpool fan who put his son down on the waiting list for a Liverpool season ticket in 2004 when he was born. Last year he was informed by the club his son is No 22,000 on the waiting list for a season ticket!

Last edited: