Money in the Bank | Page 2 | Vital Football

Money in the Bank

I got 60/1 each way about a month ago. Now at 33/1 on Skybet, which I'd say is about right - certainly better than some of the skinny odds offered, e.g. Lincoln 16/1 and MK at 25/1 look really poor value.

Gambling is all about staying in control. What I don't like is the online sites bombarding me with emails tempting me to stake. "Do you know you have £75 in your account. Why don't you place a bet now". That's wrong.

I enjoy doing the football bets, couple of quid here and a couple of quid there does me no harm. I also cash out once it gets above £10. I am still playing the same £20 I staked at the start of the season (mainly thanks to Lincoln winning league 2). In the long run the bookies will win but I enjoy it - you can get excited by some random northern team getting a last minute winner to bring your accumulator home (even if it did only return £30).

I backed Gills at 16/1 but that's for promotion by an means. I don't think it will happen but it makes it a little bit more interesting.

Problem gambling is an issue that society needs to fix particularly in the young.

Gambling is all about staying in control. What I don't like is the online sites bombarding me with emails tempting me to stake. "Do you know you have £75 in your account. Why don't you place a bet now". That's wrong.

I enjoy doing the football bets, couple of quid here and a couple of quid there does me no harm. I also cash out once it gets above £10. I am still playing the same £20 I staked at the start of the season (mainly thanks to Lincoln winning league 2). In the long run the bookies will win but I enjoy it - you can get excited by some random northern team getting a last minute winner to bring your accumulator home (even if it did only return £30).

I backed Gills at 16/1 but that's for promotion by an means. I don't think it will happen but it makes it a little bit more interesting.

Problem gambling is an issue that society needs to fix particularly in the young.

How did you get on with your bet where you picked teams to finish in the top 6 in all 4 leagues last season?

I never had that sort of income.Gambling which is what I call Brexit for example is totally against the principles I learnt as a child. Gambling is for the rich or dreamers who truly believe they will win that million,thousands or hundreds with their next bet.
Do you run a business or are you employed ?.... just wondering

Do you run a business or are you employed ?.... just wondering
If you are asking am I rich ?My household all do what you would call unskilled employment. But we all work hard and none of the three members of my immediate family ever take unnecessary time off work.
Because I worked in London for quite a few years I am fortunate that I have no large bills.But then largely I don't spend what I don't have.That is a common error even with people with a much higher income than I have .If I can't afford it then it has to wait unless it will result in a bigger bill later.

Those fixed odds betting terminals need to be banned

If you are asking am I rich ?My household all do what you would call unskilled employment. But we all work hard and none of the three members of my immediate family ever take unnecessary time off work.
Because I worked in London for quite a few years I am fortunate that I have no large bills.But then largely I don't spend what I don't have.That is a common error even with people with a much higher income than I have .If I can't afford it then it has to wait unless it will result in a bigger bill later.
No I wasn,t asking if you were rich. Its just that I think probably everyone builds up a mental picture of what posters are like in person on this board. You are clearly principled with your views on work / debt/ gambling / Steve Evans etc and persistent forthright views on people you disagree with.
Maybe we should have a massive Gills Vital get together at the Sturdee Club or somewhere and wear nametags ! Could be a lot of surprises!

How did you get on with your bet where you picked teams to finish in the top 6 in all 4 leagues last season?

Let down by peterborough.

This years choices are

Sunderland top 6
Walsall top 7
Swansea top 6
Liverpool top 4

16/1

Swansea my biggest risk.

Those fixed odds betting terminals need to be banned

Absolutely agree 100%. I see a massive difference between the odd fiver and those machines that can hoover up a weeks wages in minutes.

I thought they had partly addressed it through the cutting of max stake.