WBA after DC | Page 61 | Vital Football

WBA after DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s some good bits on Hope and Glory but hellfire there is some cringingly amateurish rubbish too. I think Rob Makepeace thinks he’s presenting CBBC

it`s cringeworthy..................at least he not getting paid for it...............makes me feel better.
But sad, in the future i have got to pay my tv licence from 2020............going to throw my telly out of the 16th storey window of my flat............................tax that!

sad for me though as it was my only form of heating...........rear of telly heated up nicely after a full 10 hours of transmission plus dried my clothes for nothing.

Well...he has managed to get five full internationals to Lincoln. And players from Championship and Premier League.
So who says he hasn't got connections?
And if Danny can be linked as favourite for West Brom job, then it's likely to happen with Derby too should the expected vacancy arise.
I am sure he has. But you must concede that an ex Prem and distinguished International may have one or two more?

Yes i listened to Hop and Glory last night too.
Danny spoke well. Enjoyed all the Lincoln City Women too.

Made me chuckle. A classic Red Dwarf sketch tells of Rimmer's parents becoming Seventh Day Advent Hoppists because of a typo in their Bible. "And now these three remain: Faith, Hop and Charity. But the greatest of these is Hop".

He's joint favourite, bloody crazy! No up and coming manager would go there, could end up like Hurst if he goes there.
They're a proper basket case

If I remember the Allam family, should that read Adams family(?), had their fingers in the North Ferriby FC club. That didnt go that well later on did it, with them or without!?

Made me chuckle. A classic Red Dwarf sketch tells of Rimmer's parents becoming Seventh Day Advent Hoppists because of a typo in their Bible. "And now these three remain: Faith, Hop and Charity. But the greatest of these is Hop".

Red Dwarf what a classic that was! Used to love watching Red Dwarf.

"Smeg" what a great word to keep using instead of swearing, but we all new exactly what they were saying :lol:

1560416045165.png

If I remember the Allam family, should that read Adams family(?), had their fingers in the North Ferriby FC club. That didnt go that well later on did it, with them or without!?
Yeah daughter and son in law were involved, got them to the national league and sold up. Heading back to where teams with crowds of 200 normally ply their trade Lincoln United level.

Yeah daughter and son in law were involved, got them to the national league and sold up. Heading back to where teams with crowds of 200 normally ply their trade Lincoln United level.

I think sold up is stretching it a bit David. Pulling the plug on providing massive amounts of cash to fulfill a fantasy and boost their egos is probably more accurate.

I think sold up is stretching it a bit David. Pulling the plug on providing massive amounts of cash to fulfill a fantasy and boost their egos is probably more accurate.

Yes, just a play-thing for his kids as he had Hull and they no doubt wanted to muck about at being football club owners as well.

Absolutely! One of my favourite programmes ever with two of the finest comic actors ever! The late great Ronnie Barker and Richard Beckinsale absolute legends!

Porridge is probably the BEST comedy show ever produced – Ronnie Barker's performance as Fletcher was untouchable, helped by Beckinsale and Fulton Mackay, plus some other great acting cameos. Rising Damp is a close second, thanks to Leonard Rossiter's brilliantly manic Rigsby.

Porridge is probably the BEST comedy show ever produced – Ronnie Barker's performance as Fletcher was untouchable, helped by Beckinsale and Fulton Mackay, plus some other great acting cameos. Rising Damp is a close second, thanks to Leonard Rossiter's brilliantly manic Rigsby.

Last week I caught the film Two Way Stretch on Taking Pictures TV ( Freeview 81). Highly recommended if you want to see where Clement and La Frenais got the idea for Porridge from

Open All Hours, as always, the forgotten masterpiece when considering comedy shows...

Status
Not open for further replies.