Rolling Results Thread 2019/20 | Page 29 | Vital Football

Rolling Results Thread 2019/20

Cheers Buzz. I see that Stonesy was the sacrificial lamb.

He was indeed and lacked match fitness or the running off the ball by those round him to give him any options, but convenient player to blame.

England score al, their penalties with Pickford whacking one in and then saving one just like Roy of the Rovers, Reminds me of Naill Quinn all those years ago scoring and then having to go in goal and saving a penalty from Dean Saunders

Cheers Buzz. I see that Stonesy was the sacrificial lamb.

The new model for 2019 taking over from Sterling in 2016.

In respect of playing out from the back, it takes the whole team to be on board because it relies on everyone being very active and moving almost constantly to provide the player on the ball with multiple options. If that doesn't happen, if someone fails to move and provide an option then it can result in mistakes which always look like the fault of the player on the ball.

The new model for 2019 taking over from Sterling in 2016.

In respect of playing out from the back, it takes the whole team to be on board because it relies on everyone being very active and moving almost constantly to provide the player on the ball with multiple options. If that doesn't happen, if someone fails to move and provide an option then it can result in mistakes which always look like the fault of the player on the ball.

remember how bad we were and Glen Hoddle telling us it won't work, The England Team will get it right eventually, but it hard to get players who do not play that way for their Clubs to change or work hard off the ball as city do.

It is hard to get a group of players together to play as a team when they don’t do so regularly.
One player therefore cannot be blamed for a lack of understanding by the whole team or parts thereof.
I could be wrong of course as I’ve been saying this about the Scottish team for so many years now. Sigh! :slap:

I'm watching Germany v Estonia. Germany already 2 up.
Sane being praised with his help setting up second goal.
It's now 3 as I type.

On the stroke of HT, Lukaku scores with a header after good work by Hazard. Belgium have been well in control of the game, and it's been coming.

Gundog subbed shortly after start of second half, no injury.
Understandably, it's gone a little flat. Germany coasting with no further need to press.

Sane, acute angle scores but the linesman flags. No VAR.
commentators confirm linesman got it wrong. Sane goal should have stood.
Whilst typing, another German goal.
7:0 merciless.