The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 39 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

I'd rather us buy a handful of quality players than spread the cash across a whole new team. Lambert tried to bring too many in with the budget he was given and more than half of them were flops. We cant end up with the likes of Bowery, Helenius and Bacuna again

Wolves didn't have many big names last season and just firmed up the loan deals and managed to keep hold of Neves.
We will keep McGinn and Grealish and convert some of the loans - hopefully all.

A few decent signings will see us OK. Let's not forget that the standard for the top of the Championship and most of the PL except the Sky darlings is not much different and we can expect results against many of them and a few points against the big boys will see us be able to replicate what Wolves did.
The main thing is that Nuno went into the PL determined to play the same way as the style that got them there. Dean Smith will do the same and it won't be a case of starting with a point and holding on to it. Who knows - we could well be the surprise next season. Positive attitude is half the battle.

Wolves kept the core of the team that won promotion but added real quality to it. Moutinho, Patricio and Jimenez have all been great signings for them

We need at least 8 players by my reckoning that can play at that level.

I can only think of Steer, Grealish and McGinn at the moment good enough - maybe the Prem will suit Hourihane at a push i am hoping.

According to the Daily Fail we will miss out on our top right back target James Justin who is going to Leicester and will turn our attention to Rangers right back James Tavernier.

if we don't get him we'll go for James May or James and the Giant Peach.

According to the Daily Fail we will miss out on our top right back target James Justin who is going to Leicester and will turn our attention to Rangers right back James Tavernier.

Lol, well we are looking a bit light on right backs now Hutton, de Laet and Richards have gone. Only Elmo, Guilbert and Bree left :ROFLMAO:

And they have over looked the fact that we have already signed a right back.

66/1 for a top 6 finish with BetVictor (50/1 everywhere else).

I might well throw £20 at that.

Below Citeh and Liverpool the rest of the Premier League is pretty crap and we already have 3 players that would probably get into Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Man United's teams.

If Leicester can win the damn thing then surely there's an outside chance we could sneak top 6?

I don't normally bet but i won £63.75 on us getting promoted so I was thinking of bunging it all on us finishing top half at 11/2 last week.
That's effectively 7th to 10th I think . We were odds on to stay up so that's no good .
I'm guessing Odds will shorten when we start to show some intent in the market .
This money is in my Mansion betting account and if I draw it out I'll just fritter it away anyway

I'm now thinking 6 players plus Mings Hause and El Ghazi plus a couple of loans with an option to buy at a fixed price .

If only it was that easy eh

Calm down everyone. Apart from Tom Carroll (who may or may not have been any good) the new set up delivered a pretty useful January window, so why are we worrying about what may or may not happen in the summer?

There is no reason to doubt them, or the amount of money available.

yes they did do well in January...was thinking the same...good players came in...but buyin and loaning players is a different ball game..unless they are going to get some loans in too...but have too agree they got it right then so no reason why they won't again...fingers crossed.

So much BS flying around on all social media from non-credible-sources that it's clear very few people actually know what's going on.

Patience is needed my fellow Villans.

We have 23 senior pros on the books. While I admit we need to improve the quality, I don't see 8 new signings on top. If we sign Kortney, Tyrone and Anwar we have 26. We need to sell some of the superfluous players to get the squad size down to a manageable level.

I don't normally bet but i won £63.75 on us getting promoted so I was thinking of bunging it all on us finishing top half at 11/2 last week.
That's effectively 7th to 10th I think . We were odds on to stay up so that's no good .
I'm guessing Odds will shorten when we start to show some intent in the market .
This money is in my Mansion betting account and if I draw it out I'll just fritter it away anyway

Whats wrong with fritters?
I like fritters.
In fact I'll have fritters for lunch.

What is it with this club and Rangers right backs.
The Scottish Cafu was originally a Rangers right back.

We have 23 senior pros on the books. While I admit we need to improve the quality, I don't see 8 new signings on top. If we sign Kortney, Tyrone and Anwar we have 26. We need to sell some of the superfluous players to get the squad size down to a manageable level.

At the moment.

I think it's nailed on Gardner, Tshibola, Barney and McBigMac will all be offski so we're down to 19 or 22 with the 3 you mention. (4 of which are goalkeepers), so i think 5 signings on top of that is probably about right.

21 of them are not good enough though I can see at least another 7 going or being frozen or loaned out that would be 15 out and about 9 coming in .
How many of the 23 played on a regular basis in the championship . Elmo Taylor Koj Steer Jack SJM Hourihane Green with Kalinic Davis perhaps Lansbury making the bench That's 11 plus Chester who is now a crock , Can't think of any more senior players that were involved oh Nyland
The rest might be senior players but the couldn't even make the bench in a side that was 5th or they weren't even at the club .