The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 35 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

Like I said before would we be after Pukki or Sharp who both outscored him I don't fecking think so , I think Maupay scored as many at Brentford and people don't want him either but he's more the modern striker for this new type of football
The new MO is to look for players with value in them. I don't think the club will make the mistakes of the past, overspending with no resale value.

Buy Tammy for £25m, he only scores 6-8 goals, what's his value then? I see the value at £15-18m.

This is only how I read the situation and I bet they are looking for the next Maupay for £5-7m. Maybe uninspiring but makes good business sense "if" they pull it off.

With the experience and contacts Suso has in Europe, I'd expect a few from European leagues to have been looked at. Maybe La Liga, the Eredivisie and the Bundesliga.
Although the Dutch do appear to overprice their players when selling to English clubs.

Like I said before would we be after Pukki or Sharp who both outscored him I don't fecking think so , I think Maupay scored as many at Brentford and people don't want him either but he's more the modern striker for this new type of football

True 57, the day of the big slow static target man is well over, now it's the time of the quick mobile forward, which will force clubs to play on the ground instead of pumping high balls into the area all the time.
I don't know if anyone's noticed that over the past few seasons, successful crosses are played for the forward to run onto, rather than jump for.

True 57, the day of the big slow static target man is well over......
I don't know if anyone's noticed that over the past few seasons, successful crosses are played for the forward to run onto, rather than jump for.

Good point. Look how many wingers play down the wrong side now - Lolley a left footer playing down the right, Green, a right footer playing down the left. Emphasis on cutting in and shooting or playing a brisk through ball or one - two.

Although, I think this can become predictable, just as much as playing on your natural flank and crossing it back and across to the big man, it is the modern approach.

Maupay (5’7’’) and Gayle (5’9 1/2’’) suit this newer style.

Kodjia would offer a valid different option off the bench.

For those of us who have been around the block, imagine Keegan playing centre forward - would never have happened in the past. Come to that, how about a Ray Graydon leading the line?

With the experience and contacts Suso has in Europe, I'd expect a few from European leagues to have been looked at. Maybe La Liga, the Eredivisie and the Bundesliga.
Although the Dutch do appear to overprice their players when selling to English clubs.

Reckon so as well. Purslow said the plans have been there for months, and to me that sounds more like European players than overpriced British ones.

Is there anything in Scotland we might be interested in? McGinn, Gray, Alan McInally, Allan Evans, Cropley; surely we can find another gem.

I don't know a great deal about this bloke as I only take notice of Blues when we play them. Is he any good? I just remember him cutting in from the right onto his left foot and losing the ball. I kept thinking, "show him onto his right and he's knackered". I could be wrong. Maybe I haven't seen enough of him. It's enough to know that Deano rates him.

Personally, I don't care how much we pay for players. If Deano wants them, that's good enough for me.

I paid much more attention to the second half of the season than the first and Tammy didn't cover himself in glory. Still, like I said, if Deano wants him...

Is there anything in Scotland we might be interested in? McGinn, Gray, Alan McInally, Allan Evans, Cropley; surely we can find another gem.

The right back at Rangers is a rumour Tavernier is on our radar allegedly , hits a good dead ball which is good enough to get some players a game at Villa

Personally, I don't care how much we pay for players. If Deano wants them, that's good enough for me.

I paid much more attention to the second half of the season than the first and Tammy didn't cover himself in glory. Still, like I said, if Deano wants him...

I don't care how much we spend either and 25m is peanuts to our owners but this FFP limits how much we can spend and 25m for a championship level striker is still over the odds . I know he's at Chelsea but he's not a Chelsea player in that sense

Well, it appears that Manure won't be letting Axel Tuanzebe come back to us either on loan or sale, so were do we go now then?

Personally, I'd go for Gary Cahill. Yes he's 33, but he's been released by Chelsea. He'd be coming back to one of his former clubs and of course he'd be reunited with JT. With his age and experience, he'd be capable of replacing the experience lost with the release of Jedi, Whelan and Cafu. Either a 2 year contract or a 1 with an option to extend by another year could do it.

Mings and Cahill would be a good central pairing I feel.

Yes do it now before another prem team comes in and pushes the price up.
Hopefully Stu were already there but such was the stipulation that as long as we match the best offer he's ours it won't happen yet in my view Bournemouth (and rightly so tbf)are gonna drag it out for as much as they can get out of it I do think Mings is trying to push it as well and normally I would say put an offer in give em a date as to when that offer stands and if it don't happen move on but with Mings NO wait for as long as it takes and pay them what they fucking want.

The right back at Rangers is a rumour Tavernier is on our radar allegedly , hits a good dead ball which is good enough to get some players a game at Villa

Why sign this French Lad in january though. Plus we've still Elmo as back up and Bree coming back off loan. Unless we're going for a back line of right backs again.

The Baggies are demanding £16.5m for Rondon who scored 11 goals in the PL last season and has about a 1 in 5 scoring ratio for them. He's 29 years old.

That's the new benchmark, folks.

I'd be happy to see Cahill come back but his wage demands might be the stumbling block. Abraham might be a risky one - yes he's excellent, quick etc but he hasn't yet proved himself in the top flight. If money is no problem then yes (Chelsea rumoured to be wanting £25m) but we may need another proven top flight striker as well to improve our options which would take our spending just for strikers alone to upwards of £40m. I'd be tempted to make El Ghazi and Hause permanents and of course we just have to get Mings in as soon as possible. Can Villa afford to spend (or even be allowed to spend) around £100m this summer?