The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 26 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

What I don't understand is that in any other business, if an employee was not applying themselves, was unfit and therefore unable to carry out their work and was generaly behaving in an unprofessional way they would be subjected to capability procedure and ultimately dismissed. Why does it seem that only "processional" footballers are exempt from this practice?
I hate that this happens , get him in to train on his own or with anyone else not pulling their weight , make the lazy twat get out of bed in the morning at least , rather than pay him off , that’s what he wants

Rumours of Cahill coming back are starting to increase. I know he perhaps doesnt fit the young & hungry profile people are talking about. But I think we need a couple of players with good PL experience. If we could get him on £30-40k a week I wouldn't mind.

Rumours of Cahill coming back are starting to increase. I know he perhaps doesnt fit the young & hungry profile people are talking about. But I think we need a couple of players with good PL experience. If we could get him on £30-40k a week I wouldn't mind.

I'm not strongly opposed to Cahill coming back but these rumours seem to spring up almost every summer. At 33, he doesn't have long left in football.

If confirmed, that leaves Bunn, Suliman and Whelan of those with expiring deals still to be accounted for.

With the youth cull taking place a week or two ago, Easah might have escaped to partner Revan in the reserves next term.

I'd loan both of them out to at least league 1 clubs for half a year. If they do well then it's either a loan to a championship club for the 2nd half of the year or if they've done really well then bring them into the fold here.

If Suliman doesn't do well then let him leave in january. Revan is younger so if he struggles then try him lower down the ladder.

I had a feeling Jedinak would get some sort of coaching role after hearing how Smith was singing his praises.

What I don't understand is that in any other business, if an employee was not applying themselves, was unfit and therefore unable to carry out their work and was generaly behaving in an unprofessional way they would be subjected to capability procedure and ultimately dismissed. Why does it seem that only "processional" footballers are exempt from this practice?

Don't think they are exempt. But you have to have a clear cut case. Does McCormack train. Yes, apart from odd instances where he had an excuse. Is he unfit enough to not be able to play? No. Is he behaving in an unprofessional way? Difficult to say he is. After all, he twice went across the globe in order to play.

The fact that he doesn't or can't do enough to get picked isn't a good enough case. The manager has the choice, and chooses not to.

Likewise injuries. Richards has made the bench on a few occasions. So he can obviously train. Even if a player was crocked enough never to play again, then if that player retired he would be entitled to compensation, probably the remaining length of the player's contract (although club insurance might kick in there).

We've only got 2 months to build a team to stay up , currently we have one CB and he's crocked No strikers worthy of a Prem start , just 2 midfielders who are capable .
The rest are bang average championship players , reality has set in with me I'm afraid

Boo......how very dare u start going all 'realistic'...The prem is just too big for u I'm afraid and you've lost the confidence of Vital Villa members....57 OUT!