The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 25 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

By my reckoning (if all reports I have seen are accurate), including the youngsters, twelve players are going. Bunn, Suliman, Elphick, Jedinak and Whelan all have expiring deals and remain unknowns at this stage.

I've just had a scary thought. What if Dean Smith sells off our collection of right backs?

We've been building that impressive collection for more than 10 years and then this blow in comes in with his new-fangled ideas. It's just not the Villa way.

I hope your tongue is in your cheek , Whelan the only one whose ever played regularly in the Prem and he'd 35 now , I think they've all be relegated ?

I'd give Whelan a one year contract. During that run in he looked fitter than he's been in a long time and he played better too. He'd be a useful guy to have on the bench at least.
If we sign Kortney Hause, he'd be cover for Taylor and Mings and Chester. I was impressed by the young man, especially the partnership he formed with Mings.
Man U said they'd be happy to loan out Axel again, although I'd prefer to have a purchase price agreed.
We have to get Anwar signed up.
Another midfielder to cover McGinn and Jack. I've seen calls for Joe Lolley but, I have reservations. I suppose that comes from being bitten too many times in the past, buying a player who has a fantastic game against us but, never performs in the claret 'n' blue. I'd rather get Tom Carroll back.
A wide right midfielder/winger to replace Albert and a couple of goalscoring forwards and we'd be set.

Just did a quick check on Tyrone Mings.
He's under contract at Bournemouth until 2022.
His contract at Bournemouth is £13.750 per week.

Axel is under contract until 2020.
His contract is £5000 a week.

I've just had a scary thought. What if Dean Smith sells off our collection of right backs?

We've been building that impressive collection for more than 10 years and then this blow in comes in with his new-fangled ideas. It's just not the Villa way.

Fear not. We've a right back incoming. Probably another 4 or 5 on the way I imagine.

For the most part our loanees patched up earlier recruitment mistakes, but now leaves us with issues, as Mr Purslow has outlined. McCormack being the worst mistake of all - hope we pay him off and get him out of the club as soon as - and retain his registration until 30 June 2020.

What I don't understand is that in any other business, if an employee was not applying themselves, was unfit and therefore unable to carry out their work and was generaly behaving in an unprofessional way they would be subjected to capability procedure and ultimately dismissed. Why does it seem that only "processional" footballers are exempt from this practice?

It's the same with injuries. If an employee has a medical condition that prevents them from working or carrying out their full duties they are sent to occupational health. If it is determined that the condition is chronic the employment would be terminated. I'm not having a go at Richards but he is a good example of somebody that should probably have gone down this route and the employment terminated.

You also have to take into consideration that these players are on (relatively) short term contracts so when I use the term, "chronic" it should be applied to the duration of the contract.

Being linked with many players these last few days but all of them seem to be guys we were linked with in January which leads me to believe the media are just recycling rubbish.

There are strong hints that Tommy Elphick and Mark Bunn are two more leaving, although nothing confirmed.

One thing we do know is that nobody will know until they are in the shirt at the training ground .
I remember when we got Mings and Hause and everyone went oh right who?

Whoever we get we just have to trust the club now knows what they are doing , and how much we can spend etc .

We may even see the Darren Bent fee eclipsed , probably has to be if we are going to stay up

In the interview Purslow said there will be loads of talk about who we'll be signing and who we won't, but Villa already has its plans and it'll get on with those. I suspect it doesn't include Championship players. Gayle and Maupay are exactly the sort of players we'll be linked with who I don't think we'll look at.
Yes...it sounds like they had two plans ...one for either division we would be in

Just did a quick check on Tyrone Mings.
He's under contract at Bournemouth until 2022.
His contract at Bournemouth is £13.750 per week.

Axel is under contract until 2020.
His contract is £5000 a week.

This is actually our chance to re structure the wages, we can start paying big wages when they start performing in this league

Mings wants to play for Villa , i think Axel wants to stay at united but should he declare his love for villa and force a move we'd be happy with that

Maupay is probably more of a possibility than Gayle. He's still pretty young though untested at the top level whereas Gayle is 29 and falls into the top good for the championship but not good enough for the premier league category.