The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 24 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

We've only got 2 months to build a team to stay up , currently we have one CB and he's crocked No strikers worthy of a Prem start , just 2 midfielders who are capable .
The rest are bang average championship players , reality has set in with me I'm afraid

True, though Cardiff nearly stayed up with a 100% bang average playing squad.

Very few PL players being mentioned as targets. Could do with a couple. Baines, Arter, Hayden and Austin have cropped up, but only Hayden interests me.

What I meant was given that most would agree we started the play off final with our best side this is what we currently have left.

Steer
Elmo
Taylor
Hourihane
SJM
Jack
plus Green

The rest are not ours

Add to that the new RB Gilbert.

The rest weren't good enough to get in that team.

Pretty safe to say we do need to sign a few players if those are out best

I'm pretty sure Dean & Co know exactly who they are after and are pretty confident of getting them. Why else let Albert go?

Elmo, Taylor, Chester & Whelan can survive in the prem. Others will step up and surprise us and we will sign 4-5 minimum.

Not worried at all :unsure:

Elmo, Taylor, Chester & Whelan can survive in the prem. Others will step up and surprise us and we will sign 4-5 minimum.

Not worried at all :unsure:

I hope your tongue is in your cheek , Whelan the only one whose ever played regularly in the Prem and he'd 35 now , I think they've all be relegated ?

For the most part our loanees patched up earlier recruitment mistakes, but now leaves us with issues, as Mr Purslow has outlined. McCormack being the worst mistake of all - hope we pay him off and get him out of the club as soon as - and retain his registration until 30 June 2020.

For the most part our loanees patched up earlier recruitment mistakes, but now leaves us with issues, as Mr Purslow has outlined. McCormack being the worst mistake of all - hope we pay him off and get him out of the club as soon as - and retain his registration until 30 June 2020.

I know we are still paying him but is he around the club? No idea. Has anyone seen him in training pics? Maybe he is in his own bomb squad of one?