ground re-development finally underway... | Vital Football

ground re-development finally underway...

Lindum have been asked for spare blocks, B & Q for offcut wood, Ultimate for leftover steel from their demolition works, the plea is going out to electricians for spare wire or fittings and fans for any unwanted paint. Sadly, it will probably still look better than the Selenity.

I don't know why we can't put some temposary seating like this between the Selenity and the Stacey West? You could still leave access down the sides and it might give us an extra 1,000 seats.

1558687505622.png

I had lots of Meccano and it was great. Remember watching that programme when James May built this real bridge out of Mecanno. This series was great particularly liked the one with the model railway between two towns in Devon!

1558688889295.png

I don't know why we can't put some temposary seating like this between the Selenity and the Stacey West? You could still leave access down the sides and it might give us an extra 1,000 seats.

View attachment 33106
Spot on,look forward to moving my season ticket over there in August.(increased leg room/heated seats via solar power and of course composting toilets)

I had lots of Meccano and it was great. Remember watching that programme when James May built this real bridge out of Mecanno. This series was great particularly liked the one with the model railway between two towns in Devon!

View attachment 33107
james may is the type of building professional i'd want on the project team. that 'can do' attitude, that fits the cowley way. get him down to the recycling centre...
reminds me of that scene in 'witness' where harrison ford built a barn for kelly mcgillis with the help of a few amish beardies, plus some lemonade and a few sandwiches )))

I’ve still got some brown corner terracing, green fencing, a policeman, five spectators (one brown) and I can throw in a rugby scrum. From my 1970s subbuteo collection.
Sadly, Percy is only a base. Sam has only one arm and a nose missing...
every subbuteo player i had ended up with two badly broken ankles. the medical team relied on a tube of super glue.

james may is the type of building professional i'd want on the project team. that 'can do' attitude, that fits the cowley way. get him down to the recycling centre...
reminds me of that scene in 'witness' where harrison ford built a barn for kelly mcgillis with the help of a few amish beardies, plus some lemonade and a few sandwiches )))

That's not the scene I remember from Witness.

Lego available here , could build a new Stand in a couple of hours, would house a couple of hundred mini people, paying mini prices. Remember the pain of walking on the stuff !
It isn't a memory, it is a monthly occurrence in my house.

Spot on,look forward to moving my season ticket over there in August.(increased leg room/heated seats via solar power and of course composting toilets)

I once used a toilet on a deserted island in Australia which consisted of a wooden bench with a hole in it perched over a 15' cave dug out of the ground below it. Maybe they could do that in the temporary stands to stop people needing to use the toilets at half-time. It can then be spread on the pitch on Monday morning.