Votes: 0 0.0%
  • George Clooney

• Ben Affleck

• Total voters

Stephen Jay Hawkings

Vital Football Legend
With the terrible news that Robert Pattison is in talks to be the next Batman, I was curious to know who your favourite Batman is (if anyone actually gives a bat's arse, boom)

For me it has to be Michael Keaton. As much as I love the Christopher Nolan films, I still prefer the Tim Burton films because they're darker and have more of a comic book feel. I thought Keaton did a great job playing both Bruce Wayne and Batman as very different characters as you would expect them to be.

I am aware that there was backlash from fans when Keaton was announced to play Batman (because of his comedy background) so who knows, maybe Robert Pattison might work, but it's an odd choice.

West, purely for the nostalgia. Largely lost interest when they went serious with the films.

Film wise, torn between Keaton and Bale. Probably have to give it to Keaton because it was such a role reversal for me - Bale is simply great at what he predictably does.

I thought about Adam West, but then decided I was too young for that!!!!

In all seriousness, he doesn't capture anything of the Comic Book character at all. it was all so silly.

Christian Bale is definitely a close second for me, I agree his portrayal gets more of the sadness and anger across. Keaton is probably more of a nostalgic thing for me, seeing the first movie in cinema as a kid, he was the coolest and darkest thing ever when he appeared in the Bat suit.

No votes for Kilmer, Clooney or Affleck then? lol

I do actually have a small soft spot for Batman Forever, again more of a nostalgic thing. Val Kilmer was alright.

Pity Warner Bros ruined the original movies run because they wanted to sell more toys.

That reminds me actually, the other TV show, "Batman: The Animated Series".

Absolutely loved it, still do, the voice of Batman was done by Kevin Conroy who also did the voice for the Batman: Arkham video games, which are among my favourite ever.

I'd put him No.3 behind Keaton and Bale.

#nerdgasms

Michael Keaton for me. The 'original' Batman of the Tim Burton era is still one of my favourite movies of all time. Jack Nicholson hamming it up as The Joker, Keaton brooding and detached, and Kim Basinger... :wub: (I was 14 at the time!)

Enjoyed the Bale era, but it will always be Keaton for me.

Michael Keaton for me. The 'original' Batman of the Tim Burton era is still one of my favourite movies of all time. Jack Nicholson hamming it up as The Joker, Keaton brooding and detached, and Kim Basinger... :wub: (I was 14 at the time!)

Enjoyed the Bale era, but it will always be Keaton for me.

Kim Basinger, mamma mia!! While we're going there, Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman :wack:

I think it's testament to Keaton too that he turned down Batman Forever as he saw the direction it was going. I'd be very surprised if Batman movies ever get to the level of the Burton or Nolan ones again.