WBA after DC | Vital Football

WBA after DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's that?

I think they'll go for someone with a record at the higher levels really but it is the sort of club that would be concerning.

It would be a bad career move at this time. So far in their careers the Cowleys haven't made a bad career move so I wouldn't expect them to do so now. Another season or two at Sincil Bank and the right next move will appear.

Indeed, I hope that they consider this too much of a leap at this stage of their career and also given the nature of the club and the turn around of managers it proves too much of a risk.

Incremental steps, you don’t pass your 11 plus and then take your A Levels. DC and NC will want to manage in League 1 before taking on the Championship.

They are also player centric so will not want to have talked Shack out of USA move and promises made to others. These 2 guys are not normal football people, they have morals and loyalty. There next move will be known to them 6 months in advance IMHO.

I remember a certain Alan Buckley taking the WBA job after success at Grimsby. Didn't do a bad job, but not promoted after a couple of seasons and went back to Grimsby, like the Second Coming. WBA will want nothing less than promotion and in less time than Buckley got. Tough gig.

These level of clubs are a bit more scary than what we've had before (West brom, maybe Boro). Could have a lot of money to spend and a very decent shot at being top 6. Boro maybe more appealing with Gibson as a chairman especially after the way Moore went for the Baggies.

Having said that I'm sure it'll take a great offer knowing they've got the keys to the city here and will have alright money to spend in L1 (I hope!)

No chance of this happening. They are destined for bigger and better things in time. The Cowley’s would have one shot at the Championship with West Brom and no legacy there to fall back on. If they fail then it’d have a career altering impact on them.

This is exactly the sort of club we should be worried about. A lower Championship club wouldn't be tempting enough and Premier League would be too much of a jump. West Brom is right in the sweet spot.

This is exactly the sort of club we should be worried about. A lower Championship club wouldn't be tempting enough and Premier League would be too much of a jump. West Brom is right in the sweet spot.

I think that's what I think too, worryingly. The main advantage for us is that a bad 6 months there and if they're not in the running for promotion they might torpedo their own careers...

If true, I doubt they'll go - I think it's too soon for them, they haven't even had a stab at league 1 yet. But the more worrying aspect for me is the £500,000 compensation, which doesn't seem anywhere near enough in my opinion. That part of their contracts need amending quickly before they do eventually get tempted away

You can always tell whether opposition fans know about Danny or not by if they reference Nicky. If they don't, their opinion is likely to be uneducated and ill informed.

. But the more worrying aspect for me is the £500,000 compensation, which doesn't seem anywhere near enough in my opinion. That part of their contracts need amending quickly before they do eventually get tempted away
Is that just for Danny or both Danny and Nicky though?

Status
Not open for further replies.