The Play Off Final Thread 2019 | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Play Off Final Thread 2019

Leeds it is then.
lol.gif

Listening to TalkShite this morning and Alan Brazil said that he put a load of dosh on Villa to get promoted when we were in the bottom half of the table. He is convinced that we are going up and he hates us and has never got over us winning the league title in 81 at the expense of his beloved Ipswich.
He also said that Mings is the real deal and he tipped him for great things as a full back at Ipswich.
So with Brazil on our side, what can go wrong - gulp

The team picks itself for this one, surely?

Steer

Elmo / Tuanzebe (zebe, zebe) / Mings / Taylor

Hourihane / McGinn / Grealish

Kodjia / Tammy / El Ghazi

I wouldn't be averse to playing Davis through the middle with Tammy and Kodjia wide, but can't see Deano messing too much with what has been a very successful formula up to now.

What is certain is that we won't be setting up not to lose like last year, and it should be a decent game as Derby won't be parking the bus either.

:utv:

I think we all know what the team will be , I just don't see it deviating from the 9 who have started lately and a question of Hourihane and Whelan and Green and Albert.

Despite Deano saying players that come in and do well keep the shirt , it never applied to Koj or Jedinak or Hause did it . He put Tammy Axel and Mings back in just as most of the fans would have .
So not strictly a true statement there dean

I think we all know what the team will be , I just don't see it deviating from the 9 who have started lately and a question of Hourihane and Whelan and Green and Albert.

Despite Deano saying players that come in and do well keep the shirt , it never applied to Koj or Jedinak or Hause did it . He put Tammy Axel and Mings back in just as most of the fans would have .
So not strictly a true statement there dean

I can't help feeling a fully-fit Kodjia will bring something to the party on the big stage of Wembley - he's that kind of show off player who will revel in the chance. I just don't feel Green or Albert have done enough to deserve a start.

But in Dean we trust :utv:

I assume we are therefore thinking Tuanzebe will be fine after limping off and hobbling throughout the whole celebrations?

I really hope he is. I've been a fan of his as a CB from the outset.

Do you think he'll be brave enough to play Kodjia.

Obviously he should do as Green and Adomah are both fecking useless. It's like playing with 10 men when either of those plays (Green especially).

By the way, does anyone still think this job is too big for Dean Smith, and that he's only here because he's a Villa fan?

Well he's gotten us to a playoff final which was the bare minimum requirement and something his predecessor also managed.... can he take us a step further? Time will tell.

And if not, it will be telling how he manages to cope with a ravaged squad next season like Bruce had to.

But all in all, he's meeting expectations at the moment.

I can't help feeling a fully-fit Kodjia will bring something to the party on the big stage of Wembley - he's that kind of show off player who will revel in the chance. I just don't feel Green or Albert have done enough to deserve a start.

But in Dean we trust :utv:

I don't disagree JPA Koj was actually just as good if that is the right term , as Tammy when Tammy was out ie ran about did fuck all but scored the goals that won games.
Not been impressed with Tammy for a long time with regards to his all round game .
Not Impressed with Albert or Andre either to be honest but Koj is not a winger , so there is an issue there .
I'm more concerned with the Taylor , Hause situation , we have an option to buy Hause but Taylor is keeping him out when Hause in my view is far better than Taylor who is eventually going to cost us due to being physically weak..
Will Hause turn us down if he doesn't get picked ? Would he swap the Wolves bench for Ours ?

Strangely Mings is a left back by trade and Hause a CB . They had a good partnership before Hause was injured and Axel came back .

Those 3 at the back and wing backs might be the way forwards but the final is not the time to experiment

By the way, does anyone still think this job is too big for Dean Smith, and that he's only here because he's a Villa fan?

Had the bloke who sits in front of me ranting about how Smith only got the job because he's a Villa fan . This is an old boy who never says a word all game normally .
This was the Sheffield utd game just after we went 3 down , funnily he's not said another word since