10 years ago today | Vital Football

10 years ago today

clanfordimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
Bournemouth beat the cods 2 - 1 at Dean Court to preserve their football league status.......
and look what's happened to them!

So if you don’t get bought out by a Russian gangster looking to launder money in the UK you’re unambitious?!

That comment has absolutely feck all to do with whether you have ambition or not and the Bournemouth major shareholders lawyers may want a word in your ear.

All I was trying to compare was the position Bournemouth were in as opposed to where they are now and the journey we have hopefully just started to where we could end up if things continue to move foreward as it is now.
Likewise it could all go tits up.....who knows.

Sorry I was being a bit facetious but the Bournemouth story isn’t quite the fairytale it’s been made out to be. It’s an interesting point (that we may have discussed on here before) about how far this ‘journey’ goes, and whether we’d be happy taking money from, let’s say, ‘obscure’ sources if it means we continue to progress.

Sorry I was being a bit facetious but the Bournemouth story isn’t quite the fairytale it’s been made out to be. It’s an interesting point (that we may have discussed on here before) about how far this ‘journey’ goes, and whether we’d be happy taking money from, let’s say, ‘obscure’ sources if it means we continue to progress.

Totally agree with you. I'd love for Clive and co to take us to the top if that were possible.
I probably picked the wrong club in Bournemouth to compare us against.

I know it was a long time ago now but I would like us to look to the Wimbledon example. Non-league to Premier league (with FA Cup as well). And they are trying to do it once again.

Totally agree with you. I'd love for Clive and co to take us to the top if that were possible.
I probably picked the wrong club in Bournemouth to compare us against.

A very fair comparison i thought.
Going back to the Keith era, we lost play offs to both Bournemouth and Huddersfield, two current Premier League clubs.
Huddersfield coming down again and Bournemouth will expect to sooner or later. But they both got from our level to the Premier. So it can be done.
It may take some future big big investor to enable the final steps up, who knows.
But however far we do or don't get, at least we are progressing and frankly having the best years probably any of us can have witnessed.