The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 414 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

I remember singing this to myself on the way to school from a good Brum band as well..............

First gig I ever went to; Wizzard, Kettering Gaumont, 1973, age 12. Was taken by a friends Mum. The first of many and a life long passion......... The feeling you get from walking into a gig and a football ground are very similar. Can't beat the adrenalin and anticipation.:yes:

Sadly both have become homogenised and sanitised compared to the glory days of the 70's

Oh, here we go, surprise, surprise.

"German hard rock group Rammstein has provoked outrage with a video featuring the band dressed up as Nazi concentration camp prisoners. "

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47745071

When was it that journalism died exactly?

You would hope that intelligent people would attempt to investigate and understand the context, as we have, before forming an opinion and passing any sort of judgement.

On reflection, I always thought the use of the swastika and Nazi imagery purely for shock value by some early punks was misguided.

The word outrage is much overused by modern society. Interesting Art should demand analysis and discussion IMO.

Never liked The Cure. Witton Lane (Mike) used to love them. I would often tell him how wrong he was!