Match Thread: Aston Villa v Middlesbrough, Sat 16th March 2019, 3pm | Vital Football

Match Thread: Aston Villa v Middlesbrough, Sat 16th March 2019, 3pm

JuanPabloAngel

Alert Team
Our old friend Tony Pulis is back in town this weekend, bringing his ever-watchable* and highly entertaining* Middlesbrough side to B6 this weekend.

I fully expect us to continue our fine form of the past couple of weeks and dish out a footballing lesson to what is officially the dullest side in the league.

Or we'll revert to type and manage to f**k it up.

Thoughts, fine folks of Vital Villa?

*not really

Who can forget when Pulis was the manager of the Strippy Filth he couldn't stop talking about Aston Villa so he probably has penciled this game in his calendar as a big one.

As with all Pulis teams Boro will be full of basketball height players doing their best under instructions to stop us at any cost and watch poor old Jack cope a lot of cynical chopping down which has become normal now whoever we play.

A hard game for the Villa boys settled by probably one goal in our favour.

What minute do we think Pulis will send his first hatchet man in to scythe down Jack?

Boro have got a few injury issues at the back and Ayala will be suspended now after his red card last night. No doubt they will try and keep it nice and tight with 9 men around the edge of the box. Need our wingers on form here to stretch them a bit.

My only concern is that despite having a great record at the Riverside we don't seem to win too often at home to the Smoggies

I think they are fucked and we are going to smash them. The only question is whether we'll smash them by 4 or 5 goals.

What minute do we think Pulis will send his first hatchet man in to scythe down Jack?

Boro have got a few injury issues at the back and Ayala will be suspended now after his red card last night. No doubt they will try and keep it nice and tight with 9 men around the edge of the box. Need our wingers on form here to stretch them a bit.

My only concern is that despite having a great record at the Riverside we don't seem to win too often at home to the Smoggies
Not so sure about the suspension. By all accounts he was very hard donebye and it was a great tackle. They will probably appeal. On the wider issue of the result if last season was anything to go by it will bore us all rigid. They will probably think a point is a decent outcome given our recent results. Think we should have to much for them, just, 1-0

They will try to do the exact same thing they tried at the Riverside and we'll deal with them in the exact same way. This is Tony Pulis we're dealing with here, he's not got a back up plan.

They've lost the last 2 games at home after being 1 up when he's brought off a striker for a defender. Their fans hate him despite the league position. If we play as we have the last 3 we'll win and what a pleasure it'll be to stick it to that unpleasant little man. To think there are some who'd want that creature at our fine club. Even the thought of it disgusts me.

That away performance at Boro was total dominance from start to finish.

Same again please lads.

Maybe Boro are running out of steam . Baggies used to at this time of the season under Pukelis

Lads at work are not convinced by '' Mr hook one up and watch it come back '' and think we'll win. Bloody shame I'm on holiday next week so can't rub it in.
I think we'll win by 2 goals thanks to our ever present midfielders. :utv::utv::utv:

The lack of fear I have with Boro is what worries me about the fixture. I can't see how I am so confident that we should win this comfortably.

They're going to come and sit tight, an early goal would go some way to use putting them to the sword.