The player who left thread | Page 127 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Although Hourihane was poor for the majority of today (again) he does seem to get forward better when jack is on the pitch. We’re not as disjointed in the middle when the main man is there, he’s the ECU of our engine that’s for sure.

Although Hourihane was poor for the majority of today (again) he does seem to get forward better when jack is on the pitch. We’re not as disjointed in the middle when the main man is there, he’s the ECU of our engine that’s for sure.

He struggled in the 1st half as did Tammy as we werent getting the ball forward enough - and when we did it wasnt really sticking. Thought he looked far better in the 2nd half

After thinking about the events of yesterday, I'm wondering what view the F.A. will take of Jack's goal celebration. They don't like players jumping into the crowd and that action led to the fracas with the steward. I know that doesn't excuse the steward's action but you know how the minds of the Blazers at the F.A work. They could deem it as extreme provocation given the volatile atmosphere already whipped up. Jack was booked and they might start chucking all sorts of sanctions at him to set an example.
I don't know how far their powers go in cases of this sort.

As you know, I have been the biggest critic of Jack, but yesterday has just totally changed my mind about the kid.

The way he has handled himself over the past few weeks, culminating in yesterday, is quite frankly, remarkable - and is a credit to his family, our club, the city and football.

Even if you take yesterdays event out of it all, just look at how he handled the captaincy. If a contentious decision happened, he got the players away, and spoke to the ref on his own, when we scored, he was going round telling the players to switch on.

After what had just gone on, it was truly astonishing to be honest.

IYesterday, I was fuilled with disgust and shame on this

Today, I have woke up, and all I feel is pride.

My only worry is, if I was his dad / agent - I would be saying "look lad, you don't need this, you are in a fishbowl, get out and go somewhere where you will not have all this crap.

Be interesting what happens in the summer, but this is why I was scked with McParlands thoughts yesterday (and didn't respond) - this will have massive repurcussions on not just the Blues, but the Villa - and that is why it needs to be stamped down on.

But Jack - I am proud of you kid , very proud !

He is going nowhere unless it is Barca or Real Madrid. He needs to ply his trade at the highest level and we cannot give him that in the foreseeable future. Going to Spuds - no chance!!!

He has to ask himself what is going to make him happy?

Scoring goals for Villa against Blue and Baggies or finishing 4th and 5th every season with Spurs?

it's a no brainer in my opinion.

If he managed to get a move to a club who is going to win things then obviously that would make him happier. Playing in finals, picking up trophies.... but there's only 5 or 6 clubs in Europe that fit the mould..... if none of them come in for him he has to stick with the Villa... any other move would just be for money.