Rate the ref v Yeovil Town (home) | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Yeovil Town (home)

Jamesimp

Vital Squad Member
Another week, another cup final. Friday night sees the experienced Scott Oldham in the middle hopefully not driving us all mad! For the eds take on him click here https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/lincoln-city-v-yeovil-town-prepare-for-touchline-tantrums/

Dean Whitestone 8.96
Stuart Atwell 8.59
Scott Duncan 7.78
Gavin Ward 7.55
Graham Salisbury 7.21
Anthony Backhouse 6.98
Sebatian Stockbidge (2) 6.96
Andy Davies 6.87
Martin Coy (2) 6.54
Paul Marsden 6.50
John Busby 6.47
John Brooks (2) 6.45
Geoff Eltringham 6.43
Dean Whitestone 6.15
Thomas Bramall 6.13
Lee Swabey 5.78
Kevin Richardson 5.71
Matthew Donohue 5.45
David Coote 5.25
Carl Boyeson (2) 5.18
Mike Dean 5.01
Neil Hair 4.78
Peter Wright 4.23
Michael Salisbury (2) 4.17
Andy Haines 4.15
Chris Sarginson 3.89
Ben Toner (2) 3.67
Brett Huxtable 2.61
Anthony Coggins 1.91
Lee Collins 1.44

Seemed to let a lot go for both teams, could easily have lost control, kept his cards in his pocket mainly and stopped the keeper wasting time. Strong challenge by Eardley but I thought he got the ball

6/10

Thought he did ok, better than many we’ve had. Missed a couple of penalty shouts that may have been given on another day but did book their keeper for time wasting early on
6.5/10

8. Very strong, one of the best this season, given the conditions and attempts to time waste he did very well!

It was like WWF at times. Let something go on one of ours then give a free kick to them. Bolger should have had a pen, there were 2 / 3 others that looked good shouts first half. Always looked to have a dodgy decision or indecision in him. 4

Relief to get a decent one, let the game go, no daft bookings , got on top of their time wasting, did not notice him a lot, 8.5.

For me, it looked much like hand ball when Andrade skipped through on the left of the penalty box and possibly one on Bolger at the far post (less sure).

He was more consistent than many and let a lot more go, which probably benefitted us as a stronger side.

6.5, as he let the game flow and stopped the time wasting but I think he potentially missed a penalty.

7.5. Thought he was consistent to both sides.

Got a few handball desicions wrong for me, should of been a pen and Akinde should of been penalised when on all fours and he stopped the Ball getting away from him with his hand. Good to see him book the Keeper early on after he had been warned and not waited to the 95th minute, though to be fair because of the score line he wouldn’t of been at that point.

8 - Frustrating he didn't give us a couple of decisions but I don't think he would have given them against us either. Fair ref, who reffed the game how he wanted which is pretty much all he can do.

8. Definitely one of the better referees at The Bank this season. However, he did miss the Bolger penalty incident. I am certain the Yeovil players felt relieved that he didn't give it.

I'm sure some of these marks would be lower if we hadn't won! But yes, he was good, a 7 from me.

Consistent, allowed some physicality and let the game flow and wasn't fussing over the small stuff.

Looses marks however. Missed 2 penalties - Bolger look nailed on to me, and while the handball in real time was a 50/50 call, they are the ones which are now always given when VAR is used - and that has to set the threshold for fairness of interpretation across all games. Also missed the Yeovil keeper carrying the ball out of the box on several occasions.

Personally I thought he lacked a little control. Let a lot go particularly on Rheady who was lucky to leave the field with his shirt in tact. Couple of strong penalty shouts that he never looked like giving (much like many a ref at sincil bank this season). That said the windy conditions made it tricky for all involved and we won so I can't be too harsh...can I? 6.5.