Match Thread: Aston Villa v West Bromwich Albion, Sat 16th Feb, 3pm | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Aston Villa v West Bromwich Albion, Sat 16th Feb, 3pm

There’s patience when you can see some green shoots and the occasional performance to show the direction, and there’s the current state of affairs.

Our owners have deep pockets, would be a small change sacking Smith. It’s not as if he had bought in players wholesale, changed everything etc etc. And we have a structure above Smith in place aswell now

Well let's give him the chance to get his own players in and a summer of pre season.

Read his interview in the mail yesterday . It says a lot.

Just home, I thought we were better than them for the full 90 minutes without working Johnstone anywhere near hard enough. Two flukey goals did us.

As for the booing of Hourihane, utterly disgraceful. I wanted him off as much as everyone else but that reaction was pathetic and embarrassed us as a fan base. Fuck off to the away end if you want to boo Villa players in a derby. ?

Just home, I thought we were better than them for the full 90 minutes without working Johnstone anywhere near hard enough. Two flukey goals did us.

As for the booing of Hourihane, utterly disgraceful. I wanted him off as much as everyone else but that reaction was pathetic and embarrassed us as a fan base. Fuck off to the away end if you want to boo Villa players in a derby. ?

Absolutely. He’s been shite lately but clearly lost all confidence and booing won’t help. With McGinn missing two games there’s nobody else. Hate what I’ve seen in recent months but NEVER boo a villa player please

My reading of the owners is that they don't run around wetting themselves every time there's a bad result, or even a bad run. They're looking long term. That's what Edens did with basket ball team. Built a dynamic team based on young players. That's what they'll do here.

They know that the squad is full of older players, and players who can't maintain a standard for 90 minutes. It'll need changing, big time. Could do very little in this window except plug the worst weaknesses. In the meantime Dean has to soldier on trying to get results out of what he's got.

If they think his approach and skills will pay dividends next season and beyond, he'll stay and he'll have their backing. If by the summer they think another manager will do better they'll change. Which is sensible.

But don't expect knee-jerk reactions. They don't do knee-jerk reactions. No way would they consider a change before the summer and he'll have their support until then. My guess is they're not too phased by this run of results. They know the squad is not great, and definitely not the squad to produce what they're looking for.

We were the better team to start the match and if Abraham doesn’t take a massive first touch allowing Johnston’s to close down and make a save we’re up 1-0 and it’s a completely different match.

Not Deano’s fault unless I missed him running onto the pitch and toe poking it away from Tammy

So how long will you give the next boss? Couple of weeks until we played badly and get beaten. And repeat until when??
When we’re in the Conference?

Championship managers last a little over a year on average.
If this season ends in failure to improve or make the playoffs (like Bruce failed) then he'll prob have 10-12 games at the start of next season to be in the mix or the next one will be in by the transfer window.
A decent manager should have an immediate impact. Talk of needing his 'own players', half a dozen pre-seasons and 40 transfer windows is just cobblers tbh.
The club will no doubt put out the usual bollox but surely everyone is sick of all the talk and would like to see some actual results.

Suppose we'll need to start pondering on when it's a waste of time playing Tammy and the other loanees who'll be gone and start the actual rebuild

Looked at that team with the same midfield as last game and said to my Son we may as well go home this was before we got in the ground.
Hourihane got his assist alas it was yet again for the opposition, he's very lucky the crowd hasn't turned on him before now