Match Thread: Aston Villa v West Bromwich Albion, Sat 16th Feb, 3pm | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Aston Villa v West Bromwich Albion, Sat 16th Feb, 3pm

I get the frustration of folks immediately after a game but changing the manager again after 4/5 months is madness. With this same group of players what is any new manager going to do??
We have said the coaching is crap for years. What do they do at BMH? It’s like they’ve never met before etc etc. This is nothing new.

I get the frustration of folks immediately after a game but changing the manager again after 4/5 months is madness. With this same group of players what is any new manager going to do??
We have said the coaching is crap for years. What do they do at BMH? It’s like they’ve never met before etc etc. This is nothing new.

Wouldn’t Smith done his job?

Steadied the ship, held the team together and readied the club for its next manager??

He would have been paid handsomely aswell as managing his boyhood team.

Disagree about keeping smith but 100% agree on the coaching. Seems to be a feature of every regime we’ve had since big ron - no evidence that any coaching takes place.
We’ve tried bright young English managers, bright young foreigners, crusty old household names, people we’ve never heard of. The only constant? We’re always shit and look like our players are strangers.

We have 14 players in the last year of their contract or on loan... That will free up some wages in the summer. Doesn't help us now. Unfortunately some of that lot are players we don't want to get rid of!

We only have 7 players with contracts beyond 2020.

This team look totally gone, starting to look at Rotherham’s fixtures if I’m honest!

I really do not think Smith has helped his cause today with the same system and stubborn selections.

I like the bloke but maybe it’s just too big for him.

We have to build from the bottom up. It can be done but please put energy and quality in there. Whelan, elmandy, hutton, hurry up are woeful.

Yup agree but to do it properly you need a couple of seasons. So patience is needed.

There’s patience when you can see some green shoots and the occasional performance to show the direction, and there’s the current state of affairs.

Our owners have deep pockets, would be a small change sacking Smith. It’s not as if he had bought in players wholesale, changed everything etc etc. And we have a structure above Smith in place aswell now