John Akinde | Page 2 | Vital Football

John Akinde

Not quite sure censoring people’s opinions is the answer. However, the fact that there is overwhelming support for Akinde is an encouraging response.
Don't want to censor opinion. But this topic has been done to death. Over and over again. Think of a new controversial topic. Just not this one.

To me this data has very little relevance other than telling me 2 Stevenage players are decent in the air,Alex Revell up top (we tried to sign him) and Scott Cuthbert in defence.....slow,slow and couldn`t catch my granny in a wheelchair given a 100 yard start
The one other stand out name on that list winning 275 aerial challenges would win my prize for the biggest carthorse i have witnessed this football season.......and the prize goes to Harry Smith,step forward lad and tell me how you are possibly making a living in pro football.
Barndoor/banjo is so this fella,look out for him when we play Macclesfield and take a tip now, don`t park your car in the carpark as smashing car windscreens is his forte.

Someone sat behind me who clearly doesn't like Akinde didn't stop moaning at him all match. He also seemed to have the full details of his contract as he took great delight in telling the people around him what John's wages exactly are per week.
Also incredulous at someone criticising Danny for O'Connor being subbed towards the end. Might have something to do with the fact he'd ran himself into the ground, mostly with a man down, for 85 mins?

Unbelievable.

Someone sat behind me who clearly doesn't like Akinde didn't stop moaning at him all match. He also seemed to have the full details of his contract as he took great delight in telling the people around him what John's wages exactly are per week.
Also incredulous at someone criticising Danny for O'Connor being subbed towards the end. Might have something to do with the fact he'd ran himself into the ground, mostly with a man down, for 85 mins?

Unbelievable.
There are 2 sat next to me. They wouldn’t even acknowledge the header JA made for the goal and questioned the people giving him a standing ovation when he was subbed.

To me this data has very little relevance other than telling me 2 Stevenage players are decent in the air,Alex Revell up top (we tried to sign him) and Scott Cuthbert in defence.....slow,slow and couldn`t catch my granny in a wheelchair given a 100 yard start
The one other stand out name on that list winning 275 aerial challenges would win my prize for the biggest carthorse i have witnessed this football season.......and the prize goes to Harry Smith,step forward lad and tell me how you are possibly making a living in pro football.
Barndoor/banjo is so this fella,look out for him when we play Macclesfield and take a tip now, don`t park your car in the carpark as smashing car windscreens is his forte.

I’m prepared to accept that it would be good to know percentage won rather than volume won but I refuse to accept that winning aerial battles has very little relevance in football.

This is getting more boring than Brexit.

My god is that actually physically or mentally possible! Just the written word let alone anybody saying it makes me want to vomit! :lol:

I take your point though I wish everyone would leave JA alone and let him get on with it! But more boring than B------ (can't even bring myself to write it) not possible. :sick::arrghh:

Tom Pope has won 382 aerial challenges? What the hell have they done with them all?
I've often thought he is wasted at Port vale. He is a decent League 2 striker that could do a job for most teams in and around the play-offs.