Brentford Fan Comments | Vital Football

Brentford Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Afternoon all......brown trouser time for Forest fans...when the Bees arrive in town....TF Red and White army.....Forest on the slide....Bees on the up......Bees goal machine in full flow today...Bees romp to a 4-0 win.

NFFC resorting to long throws.

Shit goal to give away. Poor.

Bentley what are you doing?

Bentley didn't need to commit to the dive there. He gave Grabban an easy tap in.

Defensive cock up as usual, we have been all over them!!!

Sigh. Long ball over the top. JJ lets Grabben get to the ball first.

Said hits post from corner.

Long throw merchants generate another chance.

Could be 2 nil Forest. A game filled with errors.

We are by far the better team but missing chances and that final quality.

Nearly conceded from another long throw-in, terrible breakdown on the right of defence let them in again, they should've scored.

Forest do not need to be creative if we keep pressing self destruct at the back. 2 decent chances missed.

Really need to turn this pressure into something before h/t, they're a disjointed side.

Bees stroking the ball around nicely as usual but not enough quality in the final ball to create the chances.

Penalty appeal there from Moses, but he was never going to get to the ball.

Summing up of last 30 minutes:

Bees - pass, pass, pass, shot, save
Forest - hoof

One poor error has cost us this half. Created more than enough chances to equalise.

How the hell are we behind? Completely dominated.

Just need to watch out for the long ball from Forest. Sad to see them play that way.

Bit annoying really to be behind in this. Probably don't do hoofball and hoofthrow defending in training as we haven't go the players for it.

Another post saves Forest again.

Yates clatters Watkins and then falls to the floor as if hit.

Yates trying to kick lumps out of Watkins.

Not sure that was a penalty. Anyway justice done.

Was never a pen but Bentley was simple brilliant there. Made up for his error for their goal.

We look like the home team.

Fantastic save by their keeper.

Poo, 2-0.

You cannot flap at crosses at this level. Can’t happen.

5-2 is on.

All of our nine corners have been terrible. From their first they score. How hard can it be to put a decent ball into the box.

Second.

Poor from Jenvier to give away the corner. Poor from Bentley to miss the punch. Can't believe we are losing this but we have given gilt edged opportunies to Forest and been luckless ourselves up front.

Absolute homer of a ref today.

The prick who tried to pretend maupay done him RIGHT Infront of the referee and then they were laughing together afterwards ... Infuriating.

The worst one we’ve had for a very long time. He was even wasting time!

He was always way too close to the play. I lost count of how many times he seemed to get in the way of our movement.

Should we have had a pen when Moses went down?

Looked like it.

Not a pen in my opinion. Moses got his shot away before any contact. Didn't think theirs should have been a pen either (bit of an unwarranted dive at the end) though so not happy.

An absolute bum hole of a ref, a really bad bloke to have in control of a game.

And yet I've read reports that he's being considered to be fast-tracked onto the Premier League list.

They deserve each other.

I got the impression that he gave the penalty before the tackle...

My thoughts exactly, however there was no tackle.

We have tried to play our way through a crowded middle of the pitch, and they have broken everything up. Jeanvier has lost his duel with Grabban. Bentley shows the good and the bad, but yet again it’s the bad that kills you.

First half we were unlucky to be behind. 2md half we've been shit. Too many players having a bad day.

Forest are a crap hoofball team.

Why was the goal disallowed?

Looked offside sadly.

In ways it has been the complete away team performance by Forest. Except they are at home.

Deserved a point. Had the majority of the chances and the possession. Forest looked very poor.

Oh well. Unfortunately 2 soft goals from two Bentley errors.

They changed tactics in the second half and properly did us. By the time they scored their second they should have scored at least 2 more. On to the next one on Wednesday.

We were much the better team but didn't create enough clear-cut chances and missed the ones we did. Their keeper made several key saves - some with more than a hint of fortune. Their defenders blocked numerous attempts on goal and we hit the woodwork twice.

They just hit us with hoofball that paid off on 3 occasions - one of which was ultimately thwarted by an excellent double save by Bentley from the penalty. Their winning goal resulted from a well delivered corner into a sea of heads and arms with Bentley not quite getting to the ball. It wasn't a bad error but it was a crucial one.

To be fair we didn’t do enough today. The first half stats make it look very one sided but I can’t remember many clear curly chances for us, NF should have been 3.0 up at HT and missed two absolute sitters that were easier to score and both from terrible defending. Konsa miscontrolled and chased the ball to the by line and back heeled it onto the pitch and his momentum took him into the crowd, the ball rolled beautifully for a forest player who is through, he squares it and how the bloke scuffs the open goal I don’t know.

Second half was all huff and puff with little clear cut chances but forest picked up on 2-3 howlers again and could have had more. The penalty came from konsa dawdling, miscontrolling and being robbed but it was a pathetic dive and the save was justice.

The second goal Bentley completely misses a punch but their bloke ghosts in behind completely unmarked to nod it into an empty net. How many gifts do we hand out before we can this zonal marking disaster. Are we hoping we will get to grips with it after a few more months or something, I don’t know, but currently it is a free swing to ever team we play against.

We dominated possession and had loads of half chances but not many clear cut, NF were habitual foulers and divers just like the home game and a ref who was blind to it however our defensive lapses are back in full force and they could have had 5-6 and all from silly mistakes.

Forest's football left behind in the dark ages.

The ref was a complete homer see you next Tuesday. Absolutely useless and perfect for Forest.

Grabban gave JJ a really torrid time. Don't remember him playing for us like that.

Ref was a **** and a homer. We gifted them two goals. JJ got ripped a new one by Grabban. Had enough chances to get a least a point out of the game.

Forest's only tactic was to hoof it up and hope that Grabban made something out of it, O'Neil and Keane at their best, the ref must have felt sorry for them as he was easily their MoM, their pen was pathetic, we weren't at it but deserved a draw at least, any sensible Forest fan would have walked away happy with 3 points but can't have enjoyed the manner of their victory.

A very frustrating day at our usual 3 points stadium, poor play, a really see you next Thursday of a ref who like the home team made it very awkward.

They need more bridges over the Trent.( I ended up lost on the wrong side of the river). We really are spoilt for choice in London.

Created our own downfall yesterday. Couldn't handle their hoofball up to Grabban. He was too clever for our back 3 on numerous occasions, including winning himself a penalty. Forest were happy to have 10 behind the ball and we were so slow in possession that we allowed them time to get back and regroup. 70% possession is pointless when you do little with it.

Frustrating to be done again by defensive errors for the goals. I don’t think JJ and Konsa did nearly as badly as some are saying as apart from the goals Forest didn’t particularly threaten and both were a big part of us looking good going forward against a team parking the bus. We did enough to prise open Forest despite them playing so defensively and a sign of how reactive they were is that McEachran could come on and not be pressed at all by them.

We were out-tacticed (if that's a word) by O'Neill. Forest pressed high when we had the ball deep and then dropped back, as we crossed the half-way line, to pack the final third, while their out-ball was to welly it up to Grabban, occasionally working it out wide behind our wide centre backs. Playing as the away side worked for them at home.

The result was our defence was open and under pressure, with Konsa having to deal with their wide man, Jeanvier getting murdered alone against Grabban and Barbet all over the place ball-watching. In addition, Sawyers and Mokotjo seemed to lose the ability to pass to a Jaffa player and the attacks ran into a lot of dead ends, so we had a lot of possession but played slower and slower, unable to move the ball quickly though the traffic. Forest made it worse for us by bringing on another midfielder for an attacker at half-time as tactically it was working so well for them. It was telling that the introduction of McEachran made us play a bit quicker (although it was Sergi who provided the energy, in truth!). If you add to that some terrible decision-making from Bentley and we saw the perfect storm.

We are better than Forest technically but unable to deal with the simple tactic that any struggling team will implement. None of our players came out with much credit, although Sergi was a bright light in the grey.

Thought the playing surface yesterday was bobbly and very uneven in places. I’ve never been aware of this being a problem at the City Ground before.

Yep, looked and played like a park pitch, not conducive to our zippy passing game....

I don’t think we deserved to lose the match but we were nowhere near at our best today...I don’t know if that’s down to forest doing a job on us or if we were having an off day...probably think the latter of the two is more likely...we created enough chances to score more but gave away 3/4 good chances for forest to score...thought grabban was a thorn in our side today....Bentley was unlucky with the first but was weak for the second goal...and made 2 brilliant saves for the penalty and rebound so swings and roundabouts i suppose...on the opposition it reminded me of playing in league 2...playing down channels and keeping the ball as far away from their area as possible...its hard to criticise because it worked today but I’d like to think we’d beat that lot more than we’d lose to them...with any luck they’ll stick with o’neil And Keane for most of next season and that’ll be Forest out of the promotion chase.

Fucking cockney idiots these twats are some of the worst football fans out their they always act holier than thou probably because they gave up being Chelsea fans when they got priced out of Stanford Bridge. They act as though all teams should just roll over & them win because their defenders pass pointlessly to each other. We are more direct but they aren’t Barcelona & the aim of football is to score goals which they forget when passing it from defence to midfield back to defence round the defence then back to midfield again.

Should stick to their shite beer they further water down themselves & wanking over how much house was worth 3 years ago compared with 15 years ago but probably best not to look now.

The idea the surface which has consistently won awards was bad shows what a laughable bunch of clowns they are as well.

There’s something’s to be envous of Brentford but their fans have never been one of them.

Last edited:
Funnily enough i didn't think the pitch looked that great yesterday . Still a lot better than the old skool pitches this time of year though so they can't complain too much .
Some fair assessments but then some twattish ones as well .
You get the impression they obviously think they're a lot better than they actually are though.
Where are they 18th ?
Bit of realism needs to hit them i think.

Funnily enough i didn't think the pitch looked that great yesterday . Still a lot better than the old skool pitches this time of year though so they can't complain too much .
Some fair assessments but then some twattish ones as well .
You get the impression they obviously think they're a lot better than they actually are though.
Where are they 18th ?
Bit of realism needs to hit them i think.

I think the fact half of them bailed out when the 2nd went in says a lot about them!

Cheers CP, good thread as usual. Some fair comments, some not so. Some of them seem to have a huge chip on their shoulders. Taking it out of our pitch takes the biscuit. It's been consistently one of the best for years!

Cheers CP, most comments seem pretty fair.

Interesting that they thought we ‘did a number on them’ with the ball over the top and the long throws. For me it smacked of either desperation or lack of alternatives but I could be giving us too little credit.

Again, I honestly don’t mind if we have direct/long balls and long throws as part of our armoury but would like to see it as just part of a cohesive strategy rather than a default setting.

Only time will tell which will be the case.

Really hope Brentford don’t end up in a relegation fight. I think they are a decent club with interesting ideas and they at least try to play good football.

Cheers CP - some fair, some tainted by losing.... we could and should have been 4-0 up and made it a nervous last few minutes.

I'm currently back to my default setting of 'lets get to 55 points asap'.

Of the 4 performances under MON, this was the best - I'd take a point at WBA now, although we have at least 3 players back!

Cant see what the big deal is with Brentford supporters.

I tend to judge other teams supporters on my experience of visiting their grounds, and Brentford is a good away day.

The ground is a dump but their supporters are friendly enough, and you do not detect any sense of entitlement like you do with some smaller clubs who are doing well.