Rotherham | Page 7 | Vital Football

Rotherham

No one is happy about our away form but also realise that we are in a position that the teams below would dream of!!Yes our away form needs to improve but thankfully our home form and the fact 4 teams are worse than us will see us through,and Cook said on Wednesday that the recruitment will be stepped up in the summer so we do have something to hope for

I noticed in the QPR game that Fox played a few passes into feet that went between the lines straight into the midfield or forwards. We’ve been lacking that incisive play all season and have been playing either sideways passes to fullbacks or long balls in the air straight from back to front.
For me I think we need to need
play low passes as much as possible unless we’re under pressure and then use the direct pass to Clarke as a last resort
It seems like we get drawn into the direct/long ball game too easily this year and we aren’t very good at it.
I think we got caught up with how Rotherham played today and couldn’t cope, a point was definitely a good result.

A dour match between two dour teams who won’t be in this league at the end of next season or sooner. We’d have won the game under a better, more tactically astute attacking manager but Paul Cook lacks all those tendacies and perhaps with my post on here last year that we wouldn’t win away again all season ringing in his head, instructed his team to forego any attempt at winning, instead to park the bus and protect a point from 60 minutes onwards. Probably the right decision considering the disastrous consequences that losing would have brought, but still leaves a sour taste having to shut up shop against a truly rubbish Rotherham side who were there for the taking.

Dunkley MOTM, won everything thrown at him while Kipre was beaten yet again for the first goal in a sandwich with the Everton lad. Can’t judge him yet but if he doesn’t improve then he can be stuck in the bin with the rest of the Everton youth shite thrown our way in the past five years.

The funniest part of that game was the collective groan of 1200 away fans when Jon Taylor stuck Kal Naishite on his arse in that first half one v one down the right. I couldn’t help but burst out laughing. Also when the ref came over to him second half and someone behind me shouted “gerrim sent off an do us a favour”!

The morning after the shite before.

That really was one diabolical performance. I've slept on it and fail to see what the actual game plan was. It was almost as there was an imaginary net strung across the pitch and both teams were trying to play volleyball. For us to try and match them by sinking to their level was quite bizzare. I'll give us credit for not capitulating and showing collective defensive resilience to take a point but I honestly couldn't watch that brand of football over any sustained period. I don't expect us to play like Man City but nor do I expect us to play like some John Beck team of yesteryear.

Why is that sniping? He omits a team seven points behind us after his meticulous calculations to make the situation look worse than it is! So maybe it is him doing the sniping!!
1 line sarcastic comment as a response = sniping, to be fair you are quite good at it.
If you had expanded on the one line as you do above then = not sniping
Also if you care to look at previous posts his view on Rotherham vs. Wigan and why Reading Millwall will escape was included.

The funniest part of that game was the collective groan of 1200 away fans when Jon Taylor stuck Kal Naishite on his arse in that first half one v one down the right. I couldn’t help but burst out laughing. Also when the ref came over to him second half and someone behind me shouted “gerrim sent off an do us a favour”!
Sorry but please don't speak for me or majority of those around me. We're not
blinkered like the 20 (must have sounded like 1,200 to you) around you.

I was directly in line with that incident. You could see it happening in slow machine and said to my mate he'll get beat here. His body position was all wrong and is why he ended up on his arse. Got done a few times in that first half and gave away some free kicks in dangerous areas. Hopefully it's the last we'll see of him in that position.

I was directly in line with that incident. You could see it happening in slow machine and said to my mate he'll get beat here. His body position was all wrong and is why he ended up on his arse. Got done a few times in that first half and gave away some free kicks in dangerous areas. Hopefully it's the last we'll see of him in that position.
His body position has been wrong for 3 months, it should be around 80m to the right on the bench.
As said previously it's more Cooks fault than Naismith's for consistently playing him in a position he simply can't play.
It's poor judgement at best

Naismith got ripped in the first half by Taylor, little winger previously on our books.
Managed better second half.
It wasnt much of a game with constant hoof ball niggley fouls and pedantic ref.
They missed a sitter but was an evenly matched game. Fox injury was a set back after a decent start from him and the linesman didn't have a clue what to do with his flag.
Clarke looked a bit more dangerous that our other strikers have been.
Disappointed in Pilkington and the everton lad.
They will still finish below us.
Don't forget "the Everton lad" was thrown in at the deep end by Evans being ill and Morsy suspended. He had to come in to an unfamiliar team with a partner who only played one game in that position, last week.
As James did last week he grew into the game but will take a bit of bedding in time, he wasn't meant to be playing a full game yet and would have been introduced gradually as a sub for a few games to get used to the pace etc. Plus Rotherham are a very physical team which he probably isn't used to.

Don't forget "the Everton lad" was thrown in at the deep end by Evans being ill and Morsy suspended. He had to come in to an unfamiliar team with a partner who only played one game in that position, last week.
As James did last week he grew into the game but will take a bit of bedding in time, he wasn't meant to be playing a full game yet and would have been introduced gradually as a sub for a few games to get used to the pace etc. Plus Rotherham are a very physical team which he probably isn't used to.

Don't disagree with that, but I suspect it was the sheer unwillingness or inability of both teams to play any type of football on the floor that was most alien to him.

To be fair he has supposedly been a defensive mid all his life so while bedding into a new team may take some getting used to it seemed like the individual components of his game like competing for the ball, pressing, passing it seemed completely alien to him. He didn't even show the energy or aggression you'd expect from a player in his position even if he was not playing well. At times he looked like a kid we picked out of the crowd and left James to do the work off two. Im not writing him off after one game but that was a really disappointing debut - considering this lad is meant to be something like the Everton equivalent of James.

Im thinking Everton youth system isn't what it's cracked up to be and we should stick with getting loans from Chelsea.

Therefore Shaun MacDonald missing can only be explained by:

a) Having once upset Gary Roberts or Kal Naismith
b) The worst player at the training ground
b) About to retire
c) Injured
d) On paternity leave
e) Advising the manager to curtail his post match drinking sessions.
f) Doing a Jack Rodwell
g) Being a ginger

I said 1200 away fans, not 1243. Assuming you were one of around 43 clapping wildly. To be honest groaning is being kind, those lads all standing in the rows at the front were doing a lot worse than groaning when Naishite walked past them sheepishly after that little incident.

Don't forget who made that headed clearance.
You're right - left back is not his natural position - I prefer to see him playing higher up. If I'm not mistaken he's one of the few putting great crosses in. #givecreditwherecreditisdue

Naishite? I think that says a lot about the level of maturity of some posters on here. Not only hides behind a screen and avoids the chance to ask questions of those they constantly criticise but also big and brave enough to stand in the middle of a crowd of 1200 people slagging off someone on the other side of a fence. Absolutely pathetic.