City Gossip | Page 16 | Vital Football

City Gossip

Denis Suarez to Arsenal on loan also confirmed, option to buy that if it's triggered will see City pocket 20% of the fee apparently.

We are learning.

Would have been nice to have kept one of two of those youngsters that have left, the two full backs and Gun for instance.

It is a good point Kenny, but if these are not going to make it and I assume that we have an age deadline where we think we best move them on and make money, but with a buy-back clause should we make a mistake.

In the Diaz and Sancho and Montondo cases they have initiated there own moves and credit to them, they could have all moved for a nominal fee when their contracts ran out, but in each case the buyer has put some serious money down for players who have never worn the shirt in anger and I assume (assumptions to mother of all FUs) that we can have first refusal or a sell-on clause inserted.

Denis Suarez to Arsenal on loan also confirmed, option to buy that if it's triggered will see City pocket 20% of the fee apparently.

I am not sure he is a world class player, he has talent and clearly has not made it at his previous club probably through lack of consistency a blight on numerous players or one season wonders.

Let's open a 'book' on how much we'll sell him for - I'll open with £12.5M.

Get thee out on loan to a Eurodisney club pronto monto Auntie P!

It is a good point Kenny, but if these are not going to make it and I assume that we have an age deadline where we think we best move them on and make money, but with a buy-back clause should we make a mistake.

In the Diaz and Sancho and Montondo cases they have initiated there own moves and credit to them, they could have all moved for a nominal fee when their contracts ran out, but in each case the buyer has put some serious money down for players who have never worn the shirt in anger and I assume (assumptions to mother of all FUs) that we can have first refusal or a sell-on clause inserted.

Young players moving on has changed - as maybe has our emotional investment in them. On a different level my worst moment as a City fan was Allison selling Barnes and Owen, that and Bell's injury. After that Caton to Arsenal could just about be absorbed without the kitchen knives having to be locked away.

Young players moving on has changed - as maybe has our emotional investment in them. On a different level my worst moment as a City fan was Allison selling Barnes and Owen, that and Bell's injury. After that Caton to Arsenal could just about be absorbed without the kitchen knives having to be locked away.

In Tommy Caton case it was Arsenal that came calling and Arsenal have always been the bigger Club and you don't say no and £500.000 was a goodly sum around £10m in today's money making 95 appearances making way for Keown and Adams, shortly after retiring Tommy died of a heart attack.

I can still see it now he sold the pair, Gary Owen crying and Allison making the statement re barry Silman who be the greatest midfielder ever, not the first time that Big Mal should have kept quiet and kept both players.

Colin Bell would have been out for a short while had the injury taken place now and he would have been back 'brand new' Martin Buchan still maintains he did not deliberately take Colin out.

In Tommy Caton case it was Arsenal that came calling and Arsenal have always been the bigger Club and you don't say no and £500.000 was a goodly sum around £10m in today's money making 95 appearances making way for Keown and Adams, shortly after retiring Tommy died of a heart attack.

I can still see it now he sold the pair, Gary Owen crying and Allison making the statement re barry Silman who be the greatest midfielder ever, not the first time that Big Mal should have kept quiet and kept both players.

Colin Bell would have been out for a short while had the injury taken place now and he would have been back 'brand new' Martin Buchan still maintains he did not deliberately take Colin out.

Didn't realise the Keown/Adams era followed so hard on the heels of TC - but you're spot on about the circumstances around the sale. Still hurts whenever I see Barnes dribbling around opponents, he would be awesome in our current team.

Remember Bell saying he had two options, go outside or cut inside Buchan - in a parallel universe he went outside and we scored from his cross and he was subbed ten minutes later to a standing ovation.