EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 257 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

Isn't Nissan's boss in clink sold out by his own board because they feared he was going for a full merger with Renault, and aren't the French government major share holders in Renault and utterly pissed at the Japanese and considering an end to the alliance, and isn't car demand shrinking everywhere including China, so aren't all carmakers thinking about how to shrink over capacity?
The French govt owns 15% off Renault - by no means a major stake.

Isn't Nissan's boss in clink sold out by his own board because they feared he was going for a full merger with Renault, and aren't the French government major share holders in Renault and utterly pissed at the Japanese and considering an end to the alliance, and isn't car demand shrinking everywhere including China, so aren't all carmakers thinking about how to shrink over capacity?

Silly man. No, the only things affecting the worldwide car market going forward have to revolve around the outcome of Brexit. Any shrinkage will be blamed on Brexiters.

Get with the program !:loser:

The French govt owns 15% off Renault - by no means a major stake.

It's exactly a major stake. They dropped from near 20 percent to 15 percent in 2017, remaining the largest shareholder just ahead of Nissan.

My point is simply that Brexit is not the only headwind about which Nissan is worrying. All car companies are facing a variety of headwinds and Nissan has the trouble with its partner on top of all that.

My guess is that Nissan, like everyone else, wants to know the deal under which it will be operating. Complete shut out, slightly less favorable enviroment, or no real change. The first is unlikely, and the costs of shifting major production are likely to outweigh the costs of a less favorable environment. If I were them though, I'd be talking up the costs of Brexit too because any sort of change is a damn nuisance for companies, especially for companies like Nissan facing profound uncertainties about their own basic structure.

Maybe more to do with the qahqai being their main seller and the fact that it will go driverless in the next versions then possibly electric once the battery life is up to it, all needs retooling and capacity. Nissan just sold the ev battery division and are using somone elses batteries from this year in the leaf.
Also diesel sales down by over 25% on xtrail and qashqai.

It's exactly a major stake. They dropped from near 20 percent to 15 percent in 2017, remaining the largest shareholder just ahead of Nissan.

My point is simply that Brexit is not the only headwind about which Nissan is worrying. All car companies are facing a variety of headwinds and Nissan has the trouble with its partner on top of all that.

My guess is that Nissan, like everyone else, wants to know the deal under which it will be operating. Complete shut out, slightly less favorable enviroment, or no real change. The first is unlikely, and the costs of shifting major production are likely to outweigh the costs of a less favorable environment. If I were them though, I'd be talking up the costs of Brexit too because any sort of change is a damn nuisance for companies, especially for companies like Nissan facing profound uncertainties about their own basic structure.
How very dare you argue with our resident expert on every known subject. He knows more about everything than everybody

Brexit isn’t responsible for problems in the car industry in the UK.
Brexit isn’t responsible for the rash of high street retail closures.
Brexit isn’t responsible for stagnation in the housing market.
However, as sure as hell Brexit is a factor in all of these and it certainly isn’t helping.

Brexit isn’t responsible for problems in the car industry in the UK.
Brexit isn’t responsible for the rash of high street retail closures.
Brexit isn’t responsible for stagnation in the housing market.
However, as sure as hell Brexit is a factor in all of these and it certainly isn’t helping.
We live in a fast changing world.
You will have other things to whine about after brexit , don't worry.

Will be interesting to see Q1 growth figures. I think we might see a big drop in growth.

Many financial services companies have already made preparations for Brexit. Since 1 Jan 2019, pretty much all EEA risks have been underwritten in Lloyd’s Brussels and reinsured back to legal entities in Dublin. Much of this hasn’t been reported in the press. In addition, we’ve already seen billions of pounds of capital moved outside of the UK as a direct consequence of Brexit.

Let see the Q1 figures.

Sadly it is the main reason and is also the reason in lack of investment in industry and infrastructure which has a big knock on effect to the supporting businesses
So how did brexit manage to affect the lack of investment we have suffered for decades before the brexit vote took place, The collapse of the British car industry, the steel industry, the Dock yards, the paper mills and many other parts of manufacturing.
Lets face it, the lies being spouted from both sides are getting more extreme.

So how did brexit manage to affect the lack of investment we have suffered for decades before the brexit vote took place, The collapse of the British car industry, the steel industry, the Dock yards, the paper mills and many other parts of manufacturing.

What are the latest 'more extreme' lies from the leavers ?

It may not be coincidence all those industries were heavily unionized

It appears that the one thing we can all agree on , is the system isn't working.
A political revolution is clearly going to happen , whether peacefully or otherwise.

You are totally missing the point, all of these terrible things happened during our membership of the EU, yet people are saying all these things will happen because of brexit.
they've been happening for the last 50+ years, you can blame the EU or Thatcher, or Labour, the truth is none of them have done anything about stopping it.