Wigan Athletic Vs Aston Villa Sat 12th Jan 3pm | Page 31 | Vital Football

Wigan Athletic Vs Aston Villa Sat 12th Jan 3pm

I thought Reo was great. Only wish he'd really landed MON one.

Hourihane is never going to carry the team like Jack did, but I think he's a vital cog in the machine.

Our form guide over the last 10 games is 10th 10 points behind leads

Attachments

• 4D4BFAF2-C4F1-456C-BD15-9B1F139343A1.png
    4D4BFAF2-C4F1-456C-BD15-9B1F139343A1.png
    520.5 KB · Views: 10
Smith is saying on the back of the Wolves E&S that this lot are good enough to go up. If he still thinks that now then he IS deluded.
2 points a game from now on (a tall order anyway with our GA record) would only get us to 76.....not enough!!

He's gotta say that in public, however if truly believes it and trusts them to deliver, I fear that he will be disappointed.

He's gotta say that in public, however if truly believes it and trusts them to deliver, I fear that he will be disappointed.

Exactly. What's he supposed to do slag them off in public? . Won't happen. He needs them more than they need him. The club can't get rid of a whole squad . They can get rid of one manager. They know it . He knows it.

Come on, in December everyone was saying what a great spirit there was in the camp. The idea that anyone is not playing for DS is plain daft. They are struggling. It happens.

In other matches under DS one quality we've shown is fighting back. Look at the 5-5. Against Leeds the lads put everything in but the plain fact was Leeds were too good in the second half. They must have been pretty shattered at the end, but put enough into the next match, Swansea to win it. Preston we could have won but for Elmo, but we did look tired; we also looked tired against QPR but did fight back to get the draw, and again could have won it.

It's the last two matches where the team just hasn't been at the races which is the worry. As I said, it happens. But nothing more. Think of Bruce's many long spells of going backwards; this is nothing.

You would have thought they'd have got the message by now that they aren't as good as they think they are and they need to put in a shift wouldn't you?
Sadly JF I think they will get the message loud and clear on Saturday if we get another couldnt care less performance.

Sadly JF I think they will get the message loud and clear on Saturday if we get another couldnt care less performance.

Not sure its sadly? I can except them having a bad day. I cannot except some of them not trying. It should be a minimum for a professional footballer when people are spending hard earned money supporting them. However i will never boo any Villa team or player.

Bfr said players make managers , not the other way around. Has that happened at wolves.
We need some Brian Godfrey’s to give the manager the 110% support he needs as previously said by Wicked.
There’s no mugs in this league , before greed a lot of the players would be in the top division.

Huddersfield man sacked. If players prefer 50k and regular football than short spell in greed league on more dough what can you do

I think you need the best manager available and let him manage by bringing in the best players eg BFR ..,,,Saunders , Staunton , Houghton ..,,

Thanks for the comments vitals

Nigel Sims said when a player is having a bad time , thats when he needs support not booing.

Now I’m afraid it’s just a case of get three more on. So players don’t seam bothered any more. Won’t belong till you you get 11 subs allowed maybe rolling stubs.

That's exactly what it looks like mate, he's dared to criticise them so they are out to scupper him. They probably don't speak to McGinn because he shows them all up with his effort.
Something has gone one o put in lazy shite performances like Swansea and Wigan

I dunno tho because JT is there too and I can't imagine they'd both fall into that trap so easily. On the other hand at the likes of Brentford he has a bunch of lads busting a gut for him because none of them 'have made it' or think that they've made it.

Yannick has been lauded as a working mans player the type who didnt forget himself so I'd be surprised it that was it.

Not sure its sadly? I can except them having a bad day. I cannot except some of them not trying. It should be a minimum for a professional footballer when people are spending hard earned money supporting them. However i will never boo any Villa team or player.
I didnt mean sadly for them OTV, I meant sad in as much as once again it has come to this with us having to show dissent because a bunch of overpaid prima donnas cant be bothered putting in a days work. ( Sorry, 90 mins work)
With regard to booing, no, but a fucking good verbal rocket when neccessary is in order.

There is no sanction that a club or a manager can carry out that will improve the situation. Flabby was a prime example of this - just waiting for a clean slate from each new manager - he is quoted as boasting he had outlasted a number of managers, so please keep your own council about issuing medieval tortures or Chinese burns to solve the perceived apathy.

No player wants to perform badly or play in a losing team, but it can become a cycle, a self fulfilling prophecy if you will. Winning is the only tonic that will lift the crowd, the players and the team. Look how quickly we supported DS and his efforts after a couple of stirring victories and look how quickly we have reverted to type now the performances have dropped.

John McGinn is good at what he does, but he is not Jack Grealish (hell, JG is not even JG with the amount of expectation we put on him). I would hope that Lansbury or O'Hare could fill the void adequately, but one is injured and is it fair to place that level of expectation on a kid with our crowd that turns as quickly as milk sours.

I hope the kids will be phased in, once we have a style and a consistency of results and not just thrown in. I still believe DS will be a success, he has the club at heart and yes this it is still football, so I don't agree that the "club is too big" is any kind of excuse or mitigation to prove a point. People don't arrive at a place of work and go dewy eyed, they all have a track record of playing football, so I just don't buy it.

Not sure that the apathy is only percieved. With a small number of our players it looks like they wont do their team duties, prefering to do what they see as their job.
I would also say that I agree 100% re the youngsters, this latest drop in form is the fault of the first team squad and their problem to correct.
The only issue I would take is that of the Villa Park crowd turning on the kids. I cant remember any instances of youngsters getting in and getting stick.

The booing when O'Hare was taken off was because the crowd wanted him to stay on, but it could have been construed differently. Villa park can be a caldron of emotions. I been there when the hairs stand up on the back of your neck, I've been when it was quiet apathy and also when it was intimidatingly negative.

When negative results keep coming, I don't think the majority worry about who is on the pitch. While Lyden wasn't singled out for treatment during his 4 game run, he certainly heard the negativity.

I've never known a Villa crowd not give a Villa Kid plenty of slack , especially one who puts in a shift and who has exceptional talent Like Little Cowans Shaw Mark Walters and even Lee Hendrie.

We are basically a three man team...try-too hard McGINN, injured Jack, and on-his-way-out-now Abraham.
The midfield is too slow, non creative, and lacks any ENERGY.
THE DEFENCE IS ...WELL....WE HAVE CONCEDED 43 goals so you all know how bad we are at the back.
Two points a game from now on would get us to 76 points...thats STILL not enough for top 6. Anyway, not sure if Smith is any more compete Than bruce, and WHAT IS JOHN TERRY'S role in all this mess????
Absolutely spot on. We only have 3 quality players in the squad. McGinn, Jack and Abraham's. The rest are average at best. A very good manager will be able to get a performance out of these average players. Good luck to Deano, at least he now knows what he has to work with. No more ' I did not see that coming', please.
Les