Match Thread: Lincoln City v Port Vale | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Port Vale

Not the end of the world, but very frustrating.

Were so used to either scoring late goals or holding on to results, but recently we seem much less convincing. Sounded like a wonder goal but still kicks the stuffing out of you.

Two points dropped unfortunately but as said a slender lead can often be undone by a long range punt and that seems to be what happened there.

Well lets's move on to the Cup game now which can be enjoyed without much pressure and consolidate in the league through January.

Still in a great place

One was never enough in a 50:50 game

I'm not sure it was that, we were the better side overall, but that's not saying much.

In the end there can't be any complaints about the result even if it took a worldie to do it as we had a warning a couple of minutes before.

Attempting to sit on a lead is frustrating as it invited a team that didn't look dangerous forward.

Considering the relative positions of the sides, and how much we actually produced in that game Port Vale earned their point.

The only time it really looked cohesive was for around 15 minutes leading up to the goal.

Shame we couldn't have forced more corners :)

you have to say we didn't play very well again. and can't keep a clean sheet at home. i guess we were preserving energy, but it backfired.

spent too much time protecting the lead, with negative tactics. conceded the initiative and territory to a team with fragile confidence, which is risky at 1-0. the ball hitting the bar was a warning. could easily have lost that game.

as per newport... reinforcements needed in the transfer window.

Yep speculative shot that hit the mark. It hurts but we need to take it on the chin and move on which I’m sure we’ll do. Sucker punch.

8 point gap to fourth would be taken at any time in a season. Title would be a massive bonus but if we are 3rd on the 5th of May I'd be chuffed

I know it's never a good idea to tempt fate but that 86 point mark is the benchmark. FGR are currently the best placed side outside the top three and they have half those points from 25 games.

To get to 86 points from here we need 10 wins (maybe 9) from the remaining 21 games.

It would take a major malfunction for that not to be achieved.

No more then they deserved
Part from the goal we've struggled to really create decent chances
We had the warning 5 mins earlier when they hit the woodwork but couldn't clear our lines
Really concerning we can't keep a clean sheet
Bruno took off again and is struggling to mount a decent run against the wing backs

Trying to defend a one goal lead for nearly half a match is always a risky proposition. I would have liked to see us really push for a second, but Vale defended well and neutralised us on both flanks. Overall, they deserved the point.

Is anyone still interested in Andrade? I think I'd take the momey and run. :lol:

Trying to defend a one goal lead for nearly half a match is always a risky proposition. I would have liked to see us really push for a second, but Vale defended well and neutralised us on both flanks. Overall, they deserved the point.

Is anyone still interested in Andrade? I think I'd take the momey and run. :lol:

The colour of momey.