Match Thread: Lincoln City v Newport County | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Newport County

Wow, what a game. First half was as good as I've seen - mind you, good job we got a two goal start! Second half was a real battle and Newport fought hard. I can see why they have been so inconsistent with wins & losses. Fair play to them, they pushed us hard, but we almost self destructed when Smith underhit the pass to Shackell which led to their second. Great team performance but, for me, Frecklington MoM - he was immense, covered so much ground, made himself constantly available and basically ran the first half particularly. Dug in second half & fought hard. Akinde, Harry & Pett all good too. Well earned three points where once again, the character shone through.

Newport will be wondering how they got nothing from this game. After racing into a 2-0 lead they just pressed us back and back. In the end we had no play at all. Resolute defending won the day. That 3rd came at the right time. However it's results like this that get you promotion. 4 points clear at Christmas is a great present to have. Roll on Crewe and Cambridge.

Much closer than it should have been. Feel really sorry for Grant as he has performed really well in Vickers' absence.

Newport were brilliant in the final two thirds....but always looked dodgy at the back. Best attacking team I have seen at Sincil Bank for a long time.

I thought the referee was good today and I am not sure what DC got sent off for. It looked like an excellent tackle on our player from the Cambridge defender, from our vantage point.

O'Connor looks in a bad way and Harry A has added another 50-100k to his asking price. What a goal.

Happy to be corrected....but weren't we top at Xmas in 2016 with the same amount of points?

Star players in order, Freck, Pett, Akinde and Anderson

Much closer than it should have been. Feel really sorry for Grant as he has performed really well in Vickers' absence.

Newport were brilliant in the final two thirds....but always looked dodgy at the back. Best attacking team I have seen at Sincil Bank for a long time.

I thought the referee was good today and I am not sure what DC got sent off for. It looked like an excellent tackle on our player from the Cambridge defender, from our vantage point.

O'Connor looks in a bad way and Harry A has added another 50-100k to his asking price. What a goal.

Happy to be corrected....but weren't we top at Xmas in 2016 with the same amount of points?

Star players in order, Freck, Pett, Akinde and Anderson

Cambridge defender?