West Bromwich Albion Vs Aston Villa Friday 7th 8pm | Page 24 | Vital Football

West Bromwich Albion Vs Aston Villa Friday 7th 8pm

The real kick in the bollox could be at 5pm today. Teams above us should all be winning the games they have. And blues have an easy game aswell against Barcelona City.

We have left a massive task re automatic due to the start we had. Im confident we will be in the play offs with the way we are playing. Its just nice to be enjoying it all again.

In all fairness even back then we had the makings of a very good side

Personally, I agree but there were people on here saying we had poor players, when in fact they are nearly all international footballers at some level.
We go out with a game plan these days and these lads are good enough to understand it.
One thing about it we don't need stats to tell us what we are seeing a blind ref on a galloping horse can see we are playing really well for the first time in 20 years

We had a worse start to the season than we did last year but I'm more confident that we'll sustain the form of the last 6 over the course of the season rather than have a good streak then be shit for 3 or 4 games like last season. If we can get a proper keeper and left back in January then we can push on and get automatic. Is there any side in this league that will look forward to playing us? I doubt it.

Although I'm disappointed we lost 2 points at the end of the game, it was good to see us yet again outplay another promotion contender. If we keep up this kind of form top 2 is still ours for the taking.
I thought we looked much better 2nd half when Elmo came on at RB, he kept Barnes far quieter than Hutton did. Hutton also looked far more solid at LB than Taylor - a clear weak link that the Baggies were trying to target. After that change they didn't threaten us apart from long punts into the box.
El Ghazi MoM for me. I wasn't impressed with him at all under Bruce - I know it takes foreign players time to settle sometimes but he always looked weak and unsuited to this league. He made Gibbs look a mug on a few occasions last night and I never knew he had a shot like that in him.
We've certainly got all the other teams in this league worried now, quite a few think we look nailed on for promotion.

Think DS said he'd had one to one coaching sessions with El Ghazi, explaining to him what he wanted. Not rocket science!

Being critical for a moment about the match, Tammy's miss in front of goal was poor; we need a bit more consistency from him, and also when he's up against a defender with a cross coming in the defender usually wins. That's one area where Kodj is probably stronger. Bolasie isn't yet the player we think he is; he's good at beating defenders but a lot of it is wasted. El Ghazi is sheer danger in attack but he doesn't yet do the defensive bit very well.

Last edited:
A good night's sleep didn't make waking up any easier this morning....what a kick in the teeth that was last night! And after just watching a re-run again to add insult to injury did anyone notice that around the 90min 30second mark in the lead up to the equaliser, Albion had a throw in just inside their half, intended to throw down the line but it bounces the wrong side of the line before it travels into play.....so the incompetent twat with the flag didn't see that either....I can't believe this hasn't been picked up or mentioned...sure it bounces the wrong side of the bloody line.....the handball is bad enough but not seeing that is incompetence of the highest order....! Take a look Vital Villans and tell me I'm not seeing things....

Although I'm disappointed we lost 2 points at the end of the game, it was good to see us yet again outplay another promotion contender. If we keep up this kind of form top 2 is still ours for the taking.
I thought we looked much better 2nd half when Elmo came on at RB, he kept Barnes far quieter than Hutton did. Hutton also looked far more solid at LB than Taylor - a clear weak link that the Baggies were trying to target. After that change they didn't threaten us apart from long punts into the box.
El Ghazi MoM for me. I wasn't impressed with him at all under Bruce - I know it takes foreign players time to settle sometimes but he always looked weak and unsuited to this league. He made Gibbs look a mug on a few occasions last night and I never knew he had a shot like that in him.
We've certainly got all the other teams in this league worried now, quite a few think we look nailed on for promotion.

Google El Ghazi and watch the youtube Videos of him, scored a fair few like that with either foot and even got a couple of headers.
He's certainly better than I thought he was at first

Think DS said he'd had one to one coaching sessions with El Ghazi, explaining to him what he wanted. Not rocket science!

Being critical for a moment about the match, Tammy's miss in front of goal was poor; we need a bit more consistency from him, and also when he's up against a defender with a cross coming in the defender usually wind. That's one area where Kodj is probably stronger. Bolasie isn't yet the player we think he is; he's good at beating defenders but a lot of it is wasted. El Ghazi is sheer danger in attack but he doesn't yet do the defensive bit very well.

Don't you think though mate that, when we are on the front foot so much we pin their fullbacks back anyway? Plus we aren't going to come up against teams of the quality of Albion every week. We've had a run of good teams and we've made them all look average at best.
Abraham wouldn't be with us if he could finish like a prem striker , he's here for a reason . He's ok but he's no Gary Shaw . He'll do for us though

I think part of the problem these days is that professional football in England is now attracting people with the wrong attitude. There are far more attention seekers than I've ever seen before and particularly at a big stage like Villa Park.

Sure we have had several of them in the past but they still remained decent refs but not this bunch who spoil games with the attitude.......

"Oh look at me and how much power I have"

The way it's going we could one day end up seeing this sort of thing on a regular basis:eek!:

!

I think part of the problem these days is that professional football in England is now attracting people with the wrong attitude. There are far more attention seekers than I've ever seen before and particularly at a big stage like Villa Park.

Sure we have had several of them in the past but they still remained decent refs but not this bunch who spoil games with the attitude.......

"Oh look at me and how much power I have"

The way it's going we could one day end up seeing this sort of thing on a regular basis:eek!:

!

Come on you villa boys.this is the season of goodwill.l propose we start a collection to buy guide dogs for last night's match officials.the standard of refereeing in the championship is downright poor.

I was sitting in the east stand right on the halfway line, I saw the handball straight away and when the ref ran over to his assistant I said to my mate ‘he’s gonna give handball’ but he didn’t ? They showed the highlights on the big screen afterwards which then showed anyone who may have missed it what a clearly bad decision that was. Speaks volumes that they were elated with that point and we’re disappointed. I would’ve taken that point before the game though so every cloud.

Hutton exchanged a few unpleasantries with the locals in the east stand, guess they were giving him some stick on top of the booing and when el ghazi banged that second in he turned round to celebrate, wish I could’ve snapped, brilliant ? Villa fans to my left were nice and loud last night too so well done those who travelled, don’t really notice it until you’re sat in the opposing end.

Under Smith we're definitely promotion form. At the moment under him we have 17 points in nine games, not quite 2 points a game. At the moment it looks like 2 points per game will get a team into the automatic places.

4 testing matches coming up; 7 or 8 points out of that would be OK, but I think we all want something better. Get that better bit and we're starting to wipe out the poor start to the season.

Delayed reaction .

All of a sudden I've become very pissed off about last night.

The cheating, obsessed, chips on both shoulder, small club syndrome twats. Celebrating like you won the league. You complete and utter tools . We outplayed you .:Fingers:

And the officials . You incompetent cretins, You are a shambles, a disgrace to the game and should hang your heads in shame. You knob head, bell end, small prick fools.

There .

That's better.

UTV . :utv: