Poch to Manure..according to the Sun's Neil Ashton. | Vital Football

Poch to Manure..according to the Sun's Neil Ashton.

Take the 40 million, get Bielsa or Howe (Ranieri also an option), and invest in the. squad.

Any deal must include a no poching( Pun: Poaching) from our squad.

I can't believe so many want him to leave, 3 top 4 finish in a row. I guess they want to go back to finishing 5th, 6th & 7th.
Winning a trophy would be great, but finishing in the top 4 at the moment in the clubs development is far more important in my view. Those top 4 finishes is sign of our improvement, I don't know where people think winning a trophy and finishing outside top 4 would get us.

Those top 4 finishes has allowed us to increase a number of our players salaries, thus keeping them on board.
As for having the best 11 in the league is utter nonsense IMO, Citeh certainly has a better 11. And I would argue that you could make an argument that both Chelski and pool are also better.

With the new stadium coming on line I'd certainly take a top 4 finish over a trophy (unless it's the Europa league), anyone that thinks a player would come to us because we've won the FA cup to play in Europa over team in CL who can pay bigger salary is deluded IMO.

Also every year we are in CL means someone else isn't, and the longer we keep them out of CL the weaker they get. I just feel that we really need to look past our nose and see the long term objective.

I can't believe so many want him to leave, 3 top 4 finish in a row. I guess they want to go back to finishing 5th, 6th & 7th.
Winning a trophy would be great, but finishing in the top 4 at the moment in the clubs development is far more important in my view. Those top 4 finishes is sign of our improvement, I don't know where people think winning a trophy and finishing outside top 4 would get us.

Those top 4 finishes has allowed us to increase a number of our players salaries, thus keeping them on board.
As for having the best 11 in the league is utter nonsense IMO, Citeh certainly has a better 11. And I would argue that you could make an argument that both Chelski and pool are also better.

With the new stadium coming on line I'd certainly take a top 4 finish over a trophy (unless it's the Europa league), anyone that thinks a player would come to us because we've won the FA cup to play in Europa over team in CL who can pay bigger salary is deluded IMO.

Also every year we are in CL means someone else isn't, and the longer we keep them out of CL the weaker they get. I just feel that we really need to look past our nose and see the long term objective.
What Top has said . Brilliant ,couldn't agree more

Wholeheartedly agree!

We'd all love to see us win something, but we do not have any divine right to do so. The 5 much more heavily funded teams are at a huge advantage to us. Once we close that gap financially by means of regular champions league football, winning trophies will soon follow.

It's his 5th season here, realistically how much longer will he stay for? I don't take much notice of contracts. His new deal in the summer only means we will get more if he is poached.

It's a tricky situation. He is the only manager we have had that has been able to work with Levy. That will be virtually impossible to replace.

Who is good enough to come in here and win us a trophy? That is what it comes down to now. The names you mention Pollo are not who I want here.

Ideally he stays and gets backed 100% in the transfer market and he builds his second team here. If he isn't going to get that backing then, he will go.

Wholeheartedly agree!

We'd all love to see us win something, but we do not have any divine right to do so. The 5 much more heavily funded teams are at a huge advantage to us. Once we close that gap financially by means of regular champions league football, winning trophies will soon follow.

No guarantee with that. Poch has had some top players at his disposal and still hasn't won anything. People can't always use the finances card for failure.

If you have players that are good enough you can't just swipe that under the carpet. Sustaining the level of player and style of football is more of a fiances game. He had a window and didn't deliver.

As we are finding out standing still catches up with you eventually.

I have mixed feeling about CL game against Barca, the further we go in CL the greater our exposure. The kudos of beating both RM and Barca would be enormous, on the other hand we could realistically win the Europa league.

I don't exactly want him to leave but I wouldn't be too bothered if he did go.

Been over this loads of times before but give me mid table finishes and the odd cup win then constant top 4 finishes and no cup wins. Each to their own though