FA cup television money | Page 2 | Vital Football

FA cup television money

Man Utd v Reading is an absolute disgrace, and Wolves v Liverpool not far behind.

Football supporters everywhere should tell the TV companies what they think of it by boycotting both games. A pathetic viewing audience may persuade them to act with more integrity in future.

"Details of the matches selected for extended highlight or overseas broadcast coverage will be announced in due course."

we might still be in the hat for this... considering the *best* 6 games have already been cherry picked.

I feel sorry for Paul Clement. He steers Reading through to the third round, they pull a biggee out of the hat and then he gets the chop.

Great. Wonder if any overseas networks will be broadcasting it...

Great. Wonder if any overseas networks will be broadcasting it...

Well in the US ESPN+ ($5 a month) ESPN's streaming service has the FA cup rights. They can stream 79 FA cup games in a season. Not been decided yet as far as I know, nothing on the schedule yet anyway.

Imagine being a 'manure' match going fan and kicking off one out of 65 ties at 3pm on a Saturday. Real fans don't ask for this disruption.

TV money or not, there would have been some unhappy people on here if we were going to Goodison on a Friday or Monday evening, and needing days off work etc.

Imagine being a 'manure' match going fan and kicking off one out of 65 ties at 3pm on a Saturday. Real fans don't ask for this disruption.

TV money or not, there would have been some unhappy people on here if we were going to Goodison on a Friday or Monday evening, and needing days off work etc.
Yep the decision makes for a better occasion. More worthwhile getting your home games televised if possible.

If I can get a ticket I will be at Goodison. I would have tried to go on any of the days even if it was on TV.
However from a financial point of view and for the fans that can't get tickets I am disapointed that the game isn't on the box live.
Obviously I am selfish , but there must have been other clubs who thought they had an outside chance of being on.
Normally the TV games are mostly for the neutral looking for an upset.
I fail to see the attraction to anybody of the Man u Reading game apart from their own fans. A now slightly above average premiership team against a championship team who can't beat an egg at the moment.

This smacks of the normal arse licking bias that always seems to be shown towards Man u by the TV companies. Obviously Man u need the money! I think its a disgrace.

If I can get a ticket I will be at Goodison. I would have tried to go on any of the days even if it was on TV.
However from a financial point of view and for the fans that can't get tickets I am disapointed that the game isn't on the box live.
Obviously I am selfish , but there must have been other clubs who thought they had an outside chance of being on.
Normally the TV games are mostly for the neutral looking for an upset.
I fail to see the attraction to anybody of the Man u Reading game apart from their own fans. A now slightly above average premiership team against a championship team who can't beat an egg at the moment.

This smacks of the normal arse licking bias that always seems to be shown towards Man u by the TV companies. Obviously Man u need the money! I think its a disgrace.
Sadly although plenty of people will be boycotting the TV on this one the reality is that due to it being Manure it will still be watched by the hordes and become a commercial success the TV company is ultimately bothered about.

The Man Utd-Reading game selection is based upon worldwide sales of that game. It kicks off at 1230 our time which is prime time viewing in South East Asia and China where they have millions of followers ( won't call them fans as such ) It is a purely financial choice by BT.

Viewing in this country will be low but worldwide with syndication they will make money from the rights.

Not saying that I agree with it but it's the world we live in.

Why can't they simply screen Man U's games in Asia alone, and any other country for all I care, then screen a different game (e.g. Everton Vs Lincoln City) in the UK?

Why can't they simply screen Man U's games in Asia alone, and any other country for all I care, then screen a different game (e.g. Everton Vs Lincoln City) in the UK?
Because the mass ranks of Man U fans in Essex and Suffolk would miss the game then. Why not let Man U play all their home games at Wembley? Larger ground and much quicker for their fans to get home.