Middlesbrough v Aston Villa, Sat 1st Dec @ 5.30pm | Page 15 | Vital Football

Middlesbrough v Aston Villa, Sat 1st Dec @ 5.30pm

Can we PLEASE stop singing about Birmingham City!!! Chester scores with a volleyed back-heel and the first thing you hear is "Birmingham are you listening?" Who Cares if they're listening! How about serenading our captain, or just the team, or Dean Smith FFS!
Our away support is magnificent but why oh why do we have to sing about Birmingham all the bloody time!!

Have to agree, they are so last season, they are not worthy, they never were, it would piss them off even more if we totally ignored them, we have plenty of classics and a whole new side and manager to sing about, I feel a new thread coming on....

Just cant see how we can get anything. This is Pulis, he knows our weakness, that is their strength, he will target it.

Same at back, he will combat it.

Having seen the Leeds game, you can see why Bruce n Pulis get the job done in the Championship. Resding Crouchies book. He says Pulis, Bruce do little fitness n ball work, and loads on team organisation.

That may be why we had very few injuries, nor have Boro of Norwich, and we are ravaged.

This is a marathon, and I think over the season, we and Derby and others will fall off tired, whilst the Boros and Leeds of this world plod on.
How about dominating the game from start to finish, playing as a unit with expansive attacking football With 20 + shots on goal And a clean sheet

Without a doubt, THE best performance of the season. Total and utter domination from start to finish.

Brilliant tactically - how many times have you been at the Villa and shouted "why the bloody hell are we lumping the ball in the air to two 7 foot defenders !!" - not yesterday, , get it wide, get it hard and low and use pace and skill !!!.

Can't fault any of them , however special mention to McGinn, Elmo and Taylor who totally nulified Boro, meaning our attack could concentrate on just that.

Superb, only thing I can say !!!!

MotM - McGinn - just

Trust me we'll do the double this season, at my age I want to see us win the FA cup and league, not sure how much longer I've got:grinning:
If your VV name represents the year you were born, then I am of the same opinion as you. Villa won the FA Cup in May and I was born in September. I have seen everything else - League Cup (4 times), Third Division title, First Division title, European Cup and European Super Cup and even an InterToto Cup - but never the FA Cup. Been runners-up twice but nowhere near the open-top bus ride to the Council House. Just to add to the list, I never seen the 2nd Division title either as we were runners-up in both seasons that were promoted from the 2nd tier.

Dean Smith would be able to send me to my maker a happy man if he could cross off those two anomalies from my check list of trophies that Villa have won. The thing is, having watched us rip apart one of the so-called better teams in the division last night, I believe that he could do the double of 2nd tier title and FA Cup this year.

VTID
HEITS
UTV

Fantastic that we are playing such an expansive style of great attacking football, not under a foreign coach but an English Brummie. He seems to read the game so well, Pulis as usual begrudgingly giving us a little bit of praise after giving them a football lesson. What a difference from our play off games against them.

Yes, I listened to Lameberk's after match comments having beaten by Forest and he was trotting out the same old crap like, "I thought we were excellent" and "we go again". The only place he is going is the 3rd tier as they are 7 points adrift and bottom.
Thankfully those are not the comments by our manager any more - we have smiles, eloquence and positive comments and most importantly no digs at the supporters.

Dean Smith - he's one of our own!!

There was a comment from Dean Smith after the match that perhaps went under the radar in the euphoria of the win and that was he had a very light weight bench and that Jedi had 'pulled himself off the treatment table" to make the squad.
Maybe, but to bring on two strikers that cost in excess of £20 million and a midfielder that has 80 odd international caps is not a bad place to be. However, the credit must be the introduction to the bench of a couple of the kids who will grow immensely by absorbing the atmosphere of the first team and also being in the presence of people like Smith and JT.
Dean Smith is giving our youth a chance as well and this bodes well for the future

VTID
HEITS
UTV

Logged on last night to make a comment but wasn't able to read through all the pages so what a joy to log on this morning and read 15 pages of positive match thread comments.......something which has been virtually impossible on Vital for many a season! At last we're all singing from the same hymn sheet as are the players and staff at B6. In less than two months Dean Smith and co have united the club both on and off the pitch. It feels bloody brilliant doesn't it?! Happy Sunday Vital Villans! :utv::utv::utv::utv::utv::utv:

Ian Holloway claiming that the reason the majority of Villa fans wanted Bruce out was because we "were never going to forgive him for managing blues". Even after the complete turnaround over the last few weeks we still have to hear some tired old buffoon trot out the sane tired old nonsense blaming fans for the failure of one of their mates.

Ian Holloway claiming that the reason the majority of Villa fans wanted Bruce out was because we "were never going to forgive him for managing blues". Even after the complete turnaround over the last few weeks we still have to hear some tired old buffoon trot out the sane tired old nonsense blaming fans for the failure of one of their mates.

Amazing he is trotting out this nonsense. If he want to be a proper pundit , then I suggest he does his homework and research first.

Amazing he is trotting out this nonsense. If he want to be a proper pundit , then I suggest he does his homework and research first.

This also pissed me off with McLeish. I was in uproar when we signed him, not for the fact of who he managed but how he managed them and the level of ambition it showed. I’m pretty 99% of rational Villa fans didn’t want McLeish for the dross he played, the fact he took the scum down the season before IIRC made it a terrible move and the reason some were jumping on the gates. He could’ve managed West Ham who also went down that season and we would’ve still been up in arms about his appointment.

Also, QPR are playing some much better stuff with Maclaren than Holloway ever did. Fuck off Holloway

This also pissed me off with McLeish. I was in uproar when we signed him, not for the fact of who he managed but how he managed them and the level of ambition it showed. I’m pretty 99% of rational Villa fans didn’t want McLeish for the dross he played, the fact he took the scum down the season before IIRC made it a terrible move and the reason some were jumping on the gates. He could’ve managed West Ham who also went down that season and we would’ve still been up in arms about his appointment.

Also, QPR are playing some much better stuff with Maclaren than Holloway ever did. Fuck off Holloway
Not sure if I dreamt this or not but sure some clown was saying we would still be in the premiership if we had kept Mcleish as manager yesterday

Another good away day, particularly as the ex-inlaws who provided lunch for my son and me live nearby and are all Boro fans.

I swore very loudly. Bloody imbecile.

Dean Smith's attacking philosophy and his conviction how his team can achieve it is now proven beyond doubt. After letting 5 in on Wednesday many of us on here, me included, wanted a defensive change, Whelan for Hourihane. Dean's goes even more attack-minded retaining Hourihane and replacing Kodiga with El Ghazi and boy did he get it right!
We are now second top scorers with an increasing plus goal difference, DS wasn't my first choice but I really think we've won the lottery here. Something very special is taking place... And I shall eat humble pie.