Middlesbrough v Aston Villa, Sat 1st Dec @ 5.30pm | Page 14 | Vital Football

Middlesbrough v Aston Villa, Sat 1st Dec @ 5.30pm

This is probably the first time since Atkinson (and I was a young lad then) that I can remember a Villa team playing football that fits the generation. The way we play you won’t find in any text book because they haven’t been written yet, now fulham played good football last season so it isn’t the be-all-end-all but when you see us play so well, have so much possession, so many shots that drained the opposition at the end is a joy to watch.

So proud to be a Villan tonight :utv:
God bless

Brilliant performance tonight. 3-0 didnt flatter us and it could easily have been more. I think Boro's slow style probably suited us as we seem to struggle defensively against pace and movement. Should be a cracker next Friday against the Baggies.

Been out tonight to see human league at the nia, was walking down Broad St at about 7 10 and could hear villa fans singing in the bar that shows the games opposite the brass House, knew something good was happening. I've had many texts to say we were bang on the money, great night all round.
Don't you want me baby, ooooh.

Delighted with the football the wins and even the draw are a bonus just to be able to watch decent attacking football is a huge plus on its own.
I gave Bruce full marks for the the attackers he signed in the summer and a huge minus for the defensive signings thank god Smithy has kept to his way of playing and not allowed the defensive frailties to inhibit him. If he keeps this up we will be the most attractive side to watch in the division,and certainties for a play off berth.

I can't remember the last season I didn't dread watching Villa on the TV until Deano came in

Magnificent performance from the boys. Haven't enjoyed an away game that much since Everton when Young scored in injury time....
I have only one complaint and it's not about the team or the manager.... Can we PLEASE stop singing about Birmingham City!!! Chester scores with a volleyed back-heel and the first thing you hear is "Birmingham are you listening?" Who Cares if they're listening! How about serenading our captain, or just the team, or Dean Smith FFS!
Our away support is magnificent but why oh why do we have to sing about Birmingham all the bloody time!!
Can't stand or understand the perpetual references to them, forget them unless it is derby day, then give them hell

We got there at about 1:45 and we are locked out
Did you miss that game then! Jesus. It was incredible, absolutely massive Sunderland following, the game .... unforgettable incredible atmosphere, the stuff of folklore, historic, momentous, reminiscent of Villa v Bournemouth 3 years earlier. The crowd for the Sunderland game was truly awesome, the official attendance has to be questionable. The mercurial Ian Ross and Sir Brian sent the huge home support into raptures.
Going back to today - over the moon, absolutely thrilled

Did you miss that game then! Jesus. It was incredible, absolutely massive Sunderland following, the game .... unforgettable incredible atmosphere, the stuff of folklore, historic, momentous, reminiscent of Villa v Bournemouth 3 years earlier. The crowd for the Sunderland game was truly awesome, the official attendance has to be questionable. The mercurial Ian Ross and Sir Brian sent the huge home support into raptures.
Going back to today - over the moon, absolutely thrilled
Yep, me mum and my dad, it was my bloody uncle’s fault. He would not drive an hour earlier as he said we would get in easy. Still hate the twat now because of