Middlesbrough v Aston Villa, Sat 1st Dec @ 5.30pm | Page 12 | Vital Football

Middlesbrough v Aston Villa, Sat 1st Dec @ 5.30pm

This is probably the first time since Atkinson (and I was a young lad then) that I can remember a Villa team playing football that fits the generation. The way we play you won’t find in any text book because they haven’t been written yet, now fulham played good football last season so it isn’t the be-all-end-all but when you see us play so well, have so much possession, so many shots that drained the opposition at the end is a joy to watch.

So proud to be a Villan tonight :utv:

I was thinking exactly the same thing there is no pressure on him to do it all now. So much more effective in a team unit as well.

Hourihane moves the ball ten times better than Whelan, and like I said pre game plays 5 yards further up the field which is much better for Jack and allows us to press high. Whelan takes two touches to get it out of his feet. Hourihane isn’t always great and sometimes goes missing but when he recycles the ball early he’s a better player.

I don’t understand why people would want Whelan in our midfield when we’re now one of the top 2 footballing teams in the league.

Did you not see his goal Dan , so much power it went through the keeper!

Let's be honest, Hourihane probably won't make it in the Prem, but he is currently what we have got and is doing a reasonable job. Same for Taylor, Barney, Whelan etc they are all doing a job and will improve. Can't wait for the kids to be good enough to play a part.

I agree, unfortunately Hourihane doesn’t have the pace to play at the top level for 38 games. But he’d be a decent squad player for us at least.

I have to also give credit to Taylor who I called out as being a watch out marking Downing but for whatever reason downing was hardly in the game.

Does anyone remember match threads during the Bruce era? Tuanzabe not a right back, Jedinak not a centre back, Grealish not a winger, Bruce not a manager :eek!:

I can say I even enjoy reading these now - so much positivity to write about. I think the worst that someone could say about that match is we should have scored a couple more.

Every man played his part tonight - not perfect, but soooo much more fun.

we'll be top 2 by the end of January and into the 4th round of the FA cup

I couldn’t give a fuck about the FA cup right now, unless we draw solihull moors away in the 3rd round then yes, we have to win.

46 games before play offs in this league I find exhausting as a fan, let alone a player, coach or the fans who travel home and away to add anywhere between 1-5 cup games on top.

Said after the blues game that I would take 4 points from the forest and Boro games. So I am very content.

12 goals in a week . Someone fucking pinch me !!!!
Lol.

Said after the blues game that I would take 4 points from the forest and Boro games. So I am very content.

12 goals in a week . Someone fucking pinch me !!!!
Lol.
15 in the last 4 as well. 10 points out of 12 from this difficult run of fixtures so far.