Too much time on your hands..... | Vital Football

Too much time on your hands.....

MadAmster

Vital Squad Member
.... then you might like to read this......

So far I've read the first 100 of 585 pages and there is absolutely no substance in those first 100 pages. Just defining who is included in it, how they shall be referred to in the rest of the document etc etc etc.

Busy day today so I might not get to read much of it today. Probably finish reading it tomorrow.

For those interested enough...... here it is in its full glory https://ec.europa.eu/commission/sit...FpglnKKy5kJIMzMw125Y-kLgE_5Umzae9v_DP_fIUXR_Q

Page 208 (c) by derogation from Article 127 (1), Articles 107, 108 and 109 TFEU shall not apply to measures of the United Kingdom authorities, including on Rural Development, supporting the production of and trade in agricultural products in the United Kingdom up to an annual level of support which shall not be more than the total amount of expenditure incurred in the United Kingdom under the Common Agricultural Policy in 2019, and provided that a minimum percentage of that exempted support complies with the provisions of Annex 2 to the WTO Agreement on Agriculture. Such minimum percentage shall be determined on the basis of the last available percentage to which the overall expenditure under the Common Agricultural Policy in the Union complied with the provisions of Annex 2 to the WTO Agreement on Agriculture; (d) for the period between 1 January 2021 and the end of the transition period, the United Kingdom shall: shall make a contribution to the Union budget, as determined in accordance with paragraph 3; This tells me (in c) that we will still be subject to the terms of the CAP after 2020. It also tells me (d) that there is already a 2nd transition period starting 1/1/21. Page 209 confirms what I have gleaned from (d) on page 208 and that we will still be contributing to the CAP after 1/1/21 Pages 304 and 305 make the only mention of the Customs Union and internal market in the document. It seems that there will be no hard (tax) border between the North and the Republic. Nowhere does it mention ending or continuing the Customs Union between the rest of the UK and the EU. Now at Page 314 and have decided to give up......... lots and lots of words that say almost nothing.

Page 208 (c) by derogation from Article 127 (1), Articles 107, 108 and 109 TFEU shall not apply to measures of the United Kingdom authorities, including on Rural Development, supporting the production of and trade in agricultural products in the United Kingdom up to an annual level of support which shall not be more than the total amount of expenditure incurred in the United Kingdom under the Common Agricultural Policy in 2019, and provided that a minimum percentage of that exempted support complies with the provisions of Annex 2 to the WTO Agreement on Agriculture. Such minimum percentage shall be determined on the basis of the last available percentage to which the overall expenditure under the Common Agricultural Policy in the Union complied with the provisions of Annex 2 to the WTO Agreement on Agriculture; (d) for the period between 1 January 2021 and the end of the transition period, the United Kingdom shall: shall make a contribution to the Union budget, as determined in accordance with paragraph 3; This tells me (in c) that we will still be subject to the terms of the CAP after 2020. It also tells me (d) that there is already a 2nd transition period starting 1/1/21. Page 209 confirms what I have gleaned from (d) on page 208 and that we will still be contributing to the CAP after 1/1/21 Pages 304 and 305 make the only mention of the Customs Union and internal market in the document. It seems that there will be no hard (tax) border between the North and the Republic. Nowhere does it mention ending or continuing the Customs Union between the rest of the UK and the EU. Now at Page 314 and have decided to give up......... lots and lots of words that say almost nothing.

Waste of time reading it. We will remain in the EU which the majority of the country now want.

Waste of time reading it. We will remain in the EU which the majority of the country now want.

Disagree with the bit in bold. Whether as a UK ex pat living in the EU (which I am) or as a UK resident (which I am not), I want to know what it says and what it means. That way I can take any precautions I deem necessary.

Having followed things closely and attended a briefing by the UK Embassy and the Dutch Foreign Office and Dutch Ministry for Justice and Security, I was already aware of some things I could do that would improve my lot whether in the case of Brexit, no deal Brexit or no Brexit at all (which is something I have said all along needs to be seen to be believed). So, no, reading this document and following politics isn't a waste of time. It puts you in a position to understand what is happening and whether you can improve your lot or maintain it by taking certain actions.

Saw a photo meme today..... Yoda whispering in Mayhem's ear "Bad you are. Off you must f*ck"

Had to laugh.

I am interested in politics & I'm very fearful of Brexit. However I now believe that it will not happen and at the very last hour the nation will choose to stay in the EU. So it is a waste of time to read because it is not going to happen.

I am interested in politics & I'm very fearful of Brexit. However I now believe that it will not happen and at the very last hour the nation will choose to stay in the EU. So it is a waste of time to read because it is not going to happen.

An interesting thought RB. As far as I am aware, the current deal, which everybody seems to think is a bad one but almost nobody has read, will be put to Parliament. If they vote it down then the UK will leave without a deal. That will save the £39Bn divorce settlement but will mean WTO tariffs which are higher than the ones the UK currently enjoys.

That is the current state of play.

I am intrigued as to how "the nation will choose to stay in the EU". Will that be Parliament? If i am right and MPs have a choice between the deal and no deal then I think no deal may well be what happens. That won't please Ireland, either of them, as it would mean a hard border between the North and the Republic. It might even lead to a united Ireland. That would, in turn, trigger a new IndyRef in Scotland and they would take their oil and run. England and Wales would be well and truly stuffed.

Will it be a new referendum that the government is not ging to call and they would win the vote if such a bill was put to Parliament by another party or individual by putting a 3 line whip on the vote and with the support of the DUP and some Labour rebels, the vote would be not to have a new referendum IMO?

Latest Rams News