Match Thread: Lincoln City v Northampton Town | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Northampton Town

C
Do you know what....I really enjoyed that game. Really entertaining and on a knife edge from when Northampton got one back.

If this were the Lincoln of old....they would have conceded right at the death. We've all been there at games like that.

We found a way of winning, when we should have shut the door. Defensively there are a few small snags, but I thought Wilson looked way better on the right today and was linking up with Harry brilliantly.

I love a see saw game...with both teams attacking. I must give credit to the Cobblers for coming and attacking, rather than parking the bus and trying to hit us on the break. I just think that last minute winner will have inspired a good deal of much needed confidence for the squad, as they go into a two week break. Which is also much needed.

I really enjoyed the game, as did Mini Jeff.
Crikey! Are you sure it wasnt the food you were scoffing in the TP before KO?

I can vouch for Jeff enjoying the game as we had a brief chat at half time and told me so :thumbup:
Most entertaining game of the season so far IMHO
Pity my jic was poorly and missed it, bless her.

I have decided that I have been too negative this season and will now just be happy to be taken along with the crest of the wave. I do blame it on too many years of disappointment from my two teams of the Red Imps and the England Cricket Team.

It grinds you down over a number of years...so no more complaining from me. Unless the consensus is that I can be a touch critical constructively...but on the exception rather than the rule.

I have decided that I have been too negative this season and will now just be happy to be taken along with the crest of the wave. I do blame it on too many years of disappointment from my two teams of the Red Imps and the England Cricket Team.

It grinds you down over a number of years...so no more complaining from me. Unless the consensus is that I can be a touch critical constructively...but on the exception rather than the rule.
You have ,well done for recognising that fact.Are you going to tell us before you do though what your pre season Cowley misgivings were?

You have ,well done for recognising that fact.Are you going to tell us before you do though what your pre season Cowley misgivings were?

OK. I will seeing as you asked so nicely.? In my heart of hearts, I think they needed a holiday. I still do. I think they've got so much on with moving etc...and the massive expectation on their shoulders....the pressure etc...

They work so hard, and I worry and still do, that they will work themselves into total exhaustion.

Not misgivings, just caring concerns for two really nice blokes.

I had my first cup of Bovril at a football match - indeed, at all - in about 35 years. It was nicer than I expected.

I did likewise Notty, and recently tried Bovril for the first time in very many years, it was good.

Unfortunately, they appear to have changed from Cadbury's to a Macro type special for the chocolate. I'm not even sure it contains chocolate!

I did likewise Notty, and recently tried Bovril for the first time in very many years, it was good.

Unfortunately, they appear to have changed from Cadbury's to a Macro type special for the chocolate. I'm not even sure it contains chocolate!

Definitely worth taking up with Liam Scully or equivalent. We can't carry on having substandard hot chocolate being served.
Definitely my hot drink of choice (after Bovril that is)

And yes, it was a game in the enjoyable category. We won of course, which is the first requirement for it being enjoyable. And we scored three crackers too.
Downside was the defending again which meant having to spend the latter part of the match in a morbid state of expecting them to knock us out.

It must have been nicer than my hot chocolate which was pretty revolting...

News flash - I had a FREE cup of chocolate at last Tuesdays match in the Legends Lounge, it was Cadburys and half decent. Well I say free, but paid £20 for the pleasure of my ticket ?

I hate the FA Cup, in terms of coverage. STILL haven't seen any highlights, goals whatever, because we can't get any BBC coverage outside the UK. Yet somehow they provide live commentary from BBC Radio Lincs???????

Looking on FB this weekend, was I the only one who wasn't offended by Curle's comments?

People seemed to be making a big deal about what he said but it can't really be argued with, and I saw it as a compliment.

"I thought it showed that we're still on a learning curve. If you have a look at where Lincoln are and if you break it down, you'll find a lot of their points have not been through outstanding individual brilliance.

"It's a case of the opposition not doing the basics consistently well and making the right decisions at the right time."

He went on to say in his radio interview that we were a team full of players who did the basics very well and more often than not made the right decisions at the right times.

Looking on FB this weekend, was I the only one who wasn't offended by Curle's comments?

People seemed to be making a big deal about what he said but it can't really be argued with, and I saw it as a compliment.

"I thought it showed that we're still on a learning curve. If you have a look at where Lincoln are and if you break it down, you'll find a lot of their points have not been through outstanding individual brilliance.

"It's a case of the opposition not doing the basics consistently well and making the right decisions at the right time."

He went on to say in his radio interview that we were a team full of players who did the basics very well and more often than not made the right decisions at the right times.
Isn’t that a summary of what you need to do to succeed in League 2?
He did though make himself look silly by not acknowledging that at least 2 of our goals on Saturday did involve an element of individual brilliance.

Correct, yeah. He was effectively saying that was the case and using us a benchmark of what Northampton need to start doing and get to, but others took is as a dig when it wasn't.