Bit of Brexit info required. | Page 97 | Vital Football

Bit of Brexit info required.

Don’t get to carried away. This is only about how we leave the EU. It has nothing to do with future trade deals. They could be many years in the making, and almost certainly the people involved now will not be involved.

All this has done is make sure we don’t crash out of the EU with all the consequences that entailed. Post Brexit day nothing much will have changed from where are now.

As ITTO says, the can has just had an almighty kick down the road again but this time it’s lost in the undergrowth.

Maybe a new Can will be needed post Brexit day.......

The WDA must be accompanied by a full future trade declaration otherwise weve given them something for nothing-I believe the statute requires the declaration

The WDA must be accompanied by a full future trade declaration otherwise weve given them something for nothing-I believe the statute requires the declaration

There is one. The UK carries on in the Customs Union until such time as an alternative arrangement is in place.

ITTO....I notice that Mr Raab has stated today that he “hadn’t quite understood” how reliant UK Trade was on the Dover-Calais crossing.

Wonder where he got that notion from?

Raab's comments are shocking. Who knew we were an island that traded most of its goods across the narrowest bit of sea?! It's "frankly peculiar"! Maybe Davis taught him all he knew when they passed each other in the revolving door?

Or do I detect you mischievously implying that this is somehow part of their plan to get everyone onboard?

Did you see Davis say he thinks May will lose the vote? A lot of people on all sides are very committed to seeing Chequers fail.

You and your contact think there will be a rabbit pulled out of the hat.
I have an open mind about that but, essentially, I am still in the position where I don't see a route through the house of commons for a blind brexit. It seems to be either optimistic counting or a rabbit will be required. I confess I would be morbidly impressed if it's the rabbit.

Raab's comments are shocking. Who knew we were an island that traded most of its goods across the narrowest bit of sea?! It's "frankly peculiar"! Maybe Davis taught him all he knew when they passed each other in the revolving door?

Or do I detect you mischievously implying that this is somehow part of their plan to get everyone onboard?

Did you see Davis say he thinks May will lose the vote? A lot of people on all sides are very committed to seeing Chequers fail.

I have an open mind about that but, essentially, I am still in the position where I don't see a route through the house of commons for a blind brexit. It seems to be either optimistic counting or a rabbit will be required. I confess I would be morbidly impressed if it's the rabbit.

Then you are going to be morbidly impressed (it wont be Chequers completely) but I will now agree with you on something-Raab making that comment-shocking. But ofcourse in practice Northern France wont want its economy shattered to pieces

Not sure if what was said by Raab is part of a plan, although I do think that the Government is playing games at the moment.
Now the extent of what crashing out entails, time is on May’s side. Back it or bankrupt....that’s the choice.
To be honest it’s like watching a cat play with a mouse at the moment.....or in Davis Boris and Farage’s case, rats. We all know how that little encounter normally ends.

No, I just thought that comment was telling after I was told at the weekend that France was much closer than Australia.....

Oh to be educated to that degree!!

Not sure if what was said by Raab is part of a plan, although I do think that the Government is playing games at the moment.
Now the extent of what crashing out entails, time is on May’s side. Back it or bankrupt....that’s the choice.
To be honest it’s like watching a cat play with a mouse at the moment.....or in Davis Boris and Farage’s case, rats. We all know how that little encounter normally ends.

No, I just thought that comment was telling after I was told at the weekend that France was much closer than Australia.....

Oh to be educated to that degree!!
They're both in Asia, right?

Back it or bankrupt....that’s the choice.
Yup. That's exactly the railroad we're on. And backing 'it' means backing brino. Virtually no change at all, and little prospect of meaningful change in the future. Meanwhile we lose our leading position and have to go with whatever rules the eu decides to make.

For some reason Toms seems happy, excited and on the verge of gloating. It's because he still doesn't realise that he lost. We all have.

Of course if we leave with no deal on the 29th March the World doesn't come to an end. This government has backed us into a corner, but of course we could still sign a deal in April, May, June or whenever. The EU still believes they can either force us to remain, or even worse trick us into a never ending deal. The game changes though once they know we have left.

Of course if we leave with no deal on the 29th March the World doesn't come to an end. This government has backed us into a corner, but of course we could still sign a deal in April, May, June or whenever. The EU still believes they can either force us to remain, or even worse trick us into a never ending deal. The game changes though once they know we have left.

Err, no we can’t, and no it won’t.

From an entirely different source and country, I’ve been told today that some of the overseas big banks and pension funds are looking to grab/expand thier UK property portfolios in the next few weeks. Some huge money involved. Apparently expecting a bounce in the pounds value soon.

Wonder what could cause that?

Somebody knows something!!

Why can’t we? Says so in statute

Toms, I appreciate that you and Lienking are the only two who still actually believe that crashing out is a viable option, but we have done the reasons why its not legally and technically possible to death.

As much as I would love to get this to a 100 pages for ORF, surely we can find new relevent material to discuss instead?

From an entirely different source and country, I’ve been told today that some of the overseas big banks and pension funds are looking to grab/expand thier UK property portfolios in the next few weeks. Some huge money involved. Apparently expecting a bounce in the pounds value soon.

Wonder what could cause that?

Somebody knows something!!
There will be a substantial bounce on the news that the government and the eu have agreed something. There has always been a bounce when crashing out looked less likely and vice versa. This will be a welcome change for the prime minister and secretary of state, who usually have to watch it take a hit whenever they speak!

That is only the first part of the game. If brino goes ahead, the EU will be relatively happy, so will business, so will inward investors. We can all enjoy the stability of eternal limbo, even if we're not the ones steering the ship. Unfortunately the agreement will be rubbished by its detractors within 60 mins of the announcement. It already has been. If those agitators get sufficient traction that it cannot get through parliament then everything goes on hold and we're in GE or People's Vote territory: probably the latter.

Ironic that those shouting largest and putting Brexit at risk will be Toms' parliamentary heroes. But many on both sides will join in. Then it becomes about principles, bravery, the power of the whips and cold calculation for individual MPs.

Toms, I appreciate that you and Lienking are the only two who still actually believe that crashing out is a viable option, but we have done the reasons why its not legally and technically possible to death.

As much as I would love to get this to a 100 pages for ORF, surely we can find new relevent material to discuss instead?

You have not explained why everything is going to stop on 30th March. It’s fantastical rubbish that it will

There will be a substantial bounce on the news that the government and the eu have agreed something. There has always been a bounce when crashing out looked less likely and vice versa. This will be a welcome change for the prime minister and secretary of state, who usually have to watch it take a hit whenever they speak!

That is only the first part of the game. If brino goes ahead, the EU will be relatively happy, so will business, so will inward investors. We can all enjoy the stability of eternal limbo, even if we're not the ones steering the ship. Unfortunately the agreement will be rubbished by its detractors within 60 mins of the announcement. It already has been. If those agitators get sufficient traction that it cannot get through parliament then everything goes on hold and we're in GE or People's Vote territory: probably the latter.

Ironic that those shouting largest and putting Brexit at risk will be Toms' parliamentary heroes. But many on both sides will join in. Then it becomes about principles, bravery, the power of the whips and cold calculation for individual MPs.

I don’t have any parliamentary heroes. Do you?