Get this defence sorted! | Vital Football

Get this defence sorted!

Manofpride

Vital Youth Team
Don't know what the answer is but things aren't looking right at the back.
Love Bogle but his last few games are telling me he needs to be rested,.
This team is playing so well that if we can get the problems sorted at the back I think we could run away from the rest of the pack.

Don't know what the answer is but things aren't looking right at the back.
Love Bogle but his last few games are telling me he needs to be rested,.
This team is playing so well that if we can get the problems sorted at the back I think we could run away from the rest of the pack.

Not good is it, three own goals in 180 minutes of football tend to suggest a bit of panic, or disorganisation at the least. A real shame because we had the beating of Chelsea and Middlesbrough yet could only manage a loss and draw.

Time for a steadying influence and I would suggest Davies coming in for Keogh may be worth a try. Don't know what it is but I am on tender hooks each time Keogh tries to play it out from the defense. He is good to a point in direct runs up to the halfway mark but always leaves us open for a counter attack and is prone to passing the ball to the opposition in dangerous areas.

Don’t panic! There’s not that much wrong and there are still only four sides in the ‘division’ with better defensive records.
Just one, well three actually, of those things, besides if we’d been a little more clinical at the other end we’d have scored four at Boro’ and another five last night.
I thought Malone, after being brilliant at the Hawthorns, looked tired again at Chelsea, thought Bogle recovered, after being turned inside out and dumped on his backside early doors, to play well and...despite the own goals, I think Keogh and Tomori have been amongst the success stories of this season. Nice to have CD to come back in but like I say...don’t panic and managing the confidence of young players is a major managerial skill.

Not good is it, three own goals in 180 minutes of football tend to suggest a bit of panic, or disorganisation at the least. A real shame because we had the beating of Chelsea and Middlesbrough yet could only manage a loss and draw.

Time for a steadying influence and I would suggest Davies coming in for Keogh may be worth a try. Don't know what it is but I am on tender hooks each time Keogh tries to play it out from the defense. He is good to a point in direct runs up to the halfway mark but always leaves us open for a counter attack and is prone to passing the ball to the opposition in dangerous areas.

Not sure it is defence we've only conceded 16goals in 15 games and 4of then we're against Leeds Yes Keogh can put us in trouble sometimes with his passing but he's a l it better with his passing than Davies who's passing is awful But he's a brilliant defender it's a problem which way to go Have to agree with MoP Bogle needs a rest Personally I would play Wisdom against Brum they are very physical and Jukevitch on Bogle at the far post scares me

Bogle OG at Boro should never have happened because of the offside...... ignored by the ref.

Chelsea 3rd should never have happened. 100% free kick not given, they got a throw instead and boom, in it went.

Bogle needs a rest. Said it a couple of weeks ago.

Malone is a a better attacker than Fozzy. Fozzy the better defender.

Conceding a goal a game isn't the problem and we shouldn't panic off the back of 3 own goals in 27 minutes of play. 4 in about 40 if you count their 3rd as well......

My Stockport mate has said, 3 seasons on the trot now, that if we get promoted with Keogh at the heart of our defence he will do a streak round one of Stockport's largest roundabouts. He likes the lad's attitude but sees far too many mistakes, mistakes that all too often result in goals against. In 2 of the last 3 games we have played, he has commented that "it was the best game he has seen Keogh play in a Derby shirt". Now, if even one of his biggest critics, who has spent the last few seasons on tenterhooks is saying he is playing very well and even put him as MOTM in one of the games, I would suggest now would be the wrong time to drop Keogh.

My Stockport mate has said, 3 seasons on the trot now, that if we get promoted with Keogh at the heart of our defence he will do a streak round one of Stockport's largest roundabouts. He likes the lad's attitude but sees far too many mistakes, mistakes that all too often result in goals against. In 2 of the last 3 games we have played, he has commented that "it was the best game he has seen Keogh play in a Derby shirt". Now, if even one of his biggest critics, who has spent the last few seasons on tenterhooks is saying he is playing very well and even put him as MOTM in one of the games, I would suggest now would be the wrong time to drop Keogh.

Mr Marmite I think, personally I think he is a good journeyman and fits into a decent back three but he can be so negative most of the time, then when he does go on a positive run he tends to lay the ball off to an opponent or loses the ball, leaving him out of position and with a back three that is potentially disastrous.

Some of his brain fart moments can and do cost the Rams points at the very least goals but his heading at the back is some of the best in the league and he can be effective in a comparatively small side at set pieces

So, as I said you either love him or hate him, superman or Captain callamity...........usually in a single game.

Harsh Bloomer...he’s been with us, in virtually every match, for six years now, so hardly a ‘journeyman’.
I like Marmite and I like Keogh too. Of course he makes mistakes, who doesn’t?
Some of those mistakes have been ‘high profile’ but has he made more mistakes per game than Carson or Davies? I suspect not.
I don’t think he’s a great captain, although he regularly captains at international level as well as club level so others who know more than us must recognise something, but he is a player who gives his all week in week out...I like that.

RA it are wasting your time thr e will always be Keogh haters Why our last six managers have always picked and had him captain is beyond me Can remember last season fans wanting him dropped eventually Rowett gave them what they wanted Dropped him for the match at Burton and we know how that ended A player with lesser guts than Keogh would have wanted out by now the criticism he gets That's what happened to Christie . Going back to Sat their goal wasn't Keoghs fault we know who it was but not a word said about him

Frankly mista, I couldn’t give a stuff what the Keogh haters say, they’re talking bollux.
Richard Keogh has been one of Derby’s best ever signings and before anyone takes issue let’s look at the facts.
We signed him over six years ago for around £1m.
In his first season he played 49 matches.
In subsequent seasons he has played 47, 53, 49, 48, 45 and, so far this season, 20 matches respectively.
Has he made mistakes? Of course, you can’t make that many appearances and not make mistakes.
Have we had better players in his position? Of course we have.
Have he had better captains? Most definitely, but you’ll struggle to find any player for Derby who has provided better value for money in terms of effort, role model and sheer commitment to the cause.

Frankly mista, I couldn’t give a stuff what the Keogh haters say, they’re talking bollux.
Richard Keogh has been one of Derby’s best ever signings and before anyone takes issue let’s look at the facts.
We signed him over six years ago for around £1m.
In his first season he played 49 matches.
In subsequent seasons he has played 47, 53, 49, 48, 45 and, so far this season, 20 matches respectively.
Has he made mistakes? Of course, you can’t make that many appearances and not make mistakes.
Have we had better players in his position? Of course we have.
Have he had better captains? Most definitely, but you’ll struggle to find any player for Derby who has provided better value for money in terms of effort, role model and sheer commitment to the cause.
Couldn't agree more RA and don't forget he's also played a lot of international matches inbetween But for £1million we've had certainly had our money's worth Can't think of many in our squad who would break their nose on Sat and still turn out on the following Tuesday

Trying to put some balance into the Keogh debate, I would like to add te following....

He has been a very good servant to DCFC and has proven one hell of a bargain at £1M. In the main he has been a very good servant of the club, both on and off the field. He hasn't made any more mistakes than any teammate in the 6 or so years he has been with with us. He has, however, been unfortunate in that he has a far greater % of errors that have led to goals and that is the memory that sticks with some people.

Everybody remembers that miskick at Wembley but not many remember that, one second earlier, two colleagues made mistakes/poor decisions which were the root cause of the ball arriving at an almost unreachable distance from him. Those 2 haven't had anything like the backlash Keogh had.

More recently he made one of those forward runs of his, hit a 40 yard pass along the ground to Nugent who scored from the pass. Hardly anybody remembers that or the countless last ditch, body on the line interventions to block shots.

He is very much a Marmite player. You like him or you don't. I would ask those who don't like him to a) think hard about the whole picture including all the good things he does (if they can remember any of the many) and b) come up with the name of a CD we could have bought for £1M 6 years ago who would have served us as well, both on and off the field, in that time and averaged 45 games a season.

Trying to put some balance into the Keogh debate, I would like to add te following....

He has been a very good servant to DCFC and has proven one hell of a bargain at £1M. In the main he has been a very good servant of the club, both on and off the field. He hasn't made any more mistakes than any teammate in the 6 or so years he has been with with us. He has, however, been unfortunate in that he has a far greater % of errors that have led to goals and that is the memory that sticks with some people.

Everybody remembers that miskick at Wembley but not many remember that, one second earlier, two colleagues made mistakes/poor decisions which were the root cause of the ball arriving at an almost unreachable distance from him. Those 2 haven't had anything like the backlash Keogh had.

More recently he made one of those forward runs of his, hit a 40 yard pass along the ground to Nugent who scored from the pass. Hardly anybody remembers that or the countless last ditch, body on the line interventions to block shots.

He is very much a Marmite player. You like him or you don't. I would ask those who don't like him to a) think hard about the whole picture including all the good things he does (if they can remember any of the many) and b) come up with the name of a CD we could have bought for £1M 6 years ago who would have served us as well, both on and off the field, in that time and averaged 45 games a season.

Nothing addresses the matter of ‘balance’ more clearly than these simple stats.
He cost £1m and has played 311 times for DCFC in the last seven and a third seasons. Add your own comments above, MA and those of mista and there really can be no argument.
Keogh represents one of the best signings in the whole EFL this decade.

Keogh easily our best defender, just wish we had others as good. This defence has problems as it's just not good enough!

Nothing wrong with Tomori imo, MoP, but when you have fullbacks who are more concerned with going forward, at least one wide player who is a defensive liability, a non-tackling midfield and a goalkeeper low on form then we have problems.
Needs sorting for Saturday.

Not so much the personal but the system we play When we have the ball it's always gung ho everybody forward it's crazy RA your right it needs sorting but we don't have the players to alter it The main problem last night was when we equalised we didn't have a clue how to hold on to it We kept ending up with just the two central defenders in our half of the field and they were usually 20 yds apart If the full backs were told to do what they were doing then you have to question the management You can usually only beat 10 men with width so why wasn't Josefzoon brought on Waghorn never going to get to the byline he's got no right foot always has to come inside

Latest Rams News