How much trouble are Spurs now in? | Page 9 | Vital Football

How much trouble are Spurs now in?

We may have little chance of winning the league but we are certainly streets ahead when it comes to bile and the blame game.

If he was serious about being "brave" he would have told Levy he would only sign the new deal AFTER the window.

Dont back me I am not signing the new deal.

But he did back him.

Poch said no to any second choices when the first choices weren't available - he actually schooled Levy in why we shouldn't do that - the whole scouting staff lined up behind Poch and agreed with it.

So we wait to see if January changes that and whether NOT buying second choices was smart.

Poch has been either incredibly brave and confident in the squad or had made a terrible error of judgement.

But have NO doubt, Levy and the board were ready to spend.

Poch needs to open his mouth instead of just keep bending over and getting the lube ready, I'd sack him for that alone this season.

He had come out and said something about Southgate not phoning him about winks. Also pissed at Martinez for revealing verts could be out for a while with a hamstring

But he did back him.

Poch said no to any second choices when the first choices weren't available - he actually schooled Levy in why we shouldn't do that - the whole scouting staff lined up behind Poch and agreed with it.

So we wait to see if January changes that and whether NOT buying second choices was smart.

Poch has been either incredibly brave and confident in the squad or had made a terrible error of judgement.

Agree with the general attitude, but the fact that we couldn't identify more first choice targets or immediate second choice players ( Shaqiri for 13m anyone) is bollocks.

Poch and his staff recklessly underestimated the impact of playing 2 seasons without rest, and he is the person accountable.

Levy 100% was willing to back him

But he did back him.

I really don't know why you waste your breath, if facts don't fit the narrative on this forum it is simply ignored. I'm afraid hating and blaming Levy is now part of the DNA on this site, the truth no longer matters.
It was a huge risk by Poch, unfortunately so many injuries so early in the season has exposed this. To have so many injuries to key players so early really is just bad luck, even Amos who might have seen some first team football is out for the season.

But he did back him.

He didn't school Levy. Levy couldn't believe his luck what a yes man Poch is. A deluded one at that.

Levy = " Yes no spending another massive bonus".

Reports from a paper, prob not true but:

• A number of Tottenham players have expressed concerns Mauricio Pochettino's energy-sapping training sessions are causing injuries to key players.

I’m away from stuff a bit at the moment, here in Uganda, but it seems to me that we are refocussing, pity about the Barca game. It looked like the controlled play in front of goal and played us into the positions they wanted us in. Did anyone feel that Lloris could have done nothing?
I think we will come good, I think changing venues a lot might even do us good, make us more versatile and less focussed on where we are, more focussed on what we have to do. The game is the important bit, not where we are. If we can tune out all the opposition supporter stuff etc etc, we will become more dominant game wise. As Taricco has just reported, maybe we need a bit of fine tuning in a lot of issues including wearing ourselves out in training.

Danish manager suggesting Christian is going to be out for a long time and has been playing for an injury for a while.

I think it's right to be concerned but there are too many IFs regarding our MF.

How will Poch progress with our shape ? Will Victor get back to how he was. ? Will Winks recover fully and move forward in his development ? How many good games can Dembo produce ? ( he will to confound us ) , will Dier be able to settle in one position ? ( whatever that is ), will Amos and Skipp be allowed to mix it with the big boys and possibly emerge onto the big stage

How much effect will Lamela have when back because he operates off of the MF and provides a link to attack ? The same for Eriksen and Dele really. If they start feeding Moura with through balls from deeper our MF could change it's ponderous sideways backwards approach.

Its an interesting set of variables that only time will answer.
Regarding Winks, I read an interview with Poch where he said that Winks is in constant pain despite the ankle surgery and it will be with him for the rest of his career, so he is going to have to learn to play through it.

On the rare occasions we do play well for more than 30 minutes or longer, we still remain in reach of our opponents as we often lack the clinical instincts to be more than one goal ahead & put games to bed when on top. Sloppy, disjointed play and the loss of control is too prevalent when we should be over the hill far away and bossing it. We’re too kind, obliging and not ruthless. Not the qualities of champions.
The sporadic threats of Lamela are not going to do much to change the status quo, the sustained threat that Son poses and the fine-tuning of precision to make the periods of ascendancy count is what we need more of.
I have been saying for ages that we lack the killer instinct to finish teams off.
To use a boxing analogy, we are like Frank Bruno who used to put someone in trouble, then stand back to admire his handiwork thereby letting them get themselves back together and go on to beat him, unlike Tyson who would go in for the kill and follow through on it eveb as they were going down until they actually hit the deck.
We need to be more Tyson, and less Bruno.

Look at our next 10 fixtures in all comps, they are horrendous and come thick and fast.
We will probably only have the FA Cup to keep the season alive by the time Jan's back thanks to our pathetically thin squad.

Wonderful recruitment.

Wonderful.

I have been saying for ages that we lack the killer instinct to finish teams off.
To use a boxing analogy, we are like Frank Bruno who used to put someone in trouble, then stand back to admire his handiwork thereby letting them get themselves back together and go on to beat him, unlike Tyson who would go in for the kill and follow through on it eveb as they were going down until they actually hit the deck.
We need to be more Tyson, and less Bruno.

Dear Frank bless him. Not the sharpest knife in the block but I can identify in a way.

I boxed as an amateur although did spar with some pros. I came through the ranks in Essex and after beating the best two intermediates from Basildon and Canvey clubs got put into an intercounty tournament. Essex v London.

My match up was older than me and the ABA champ from the year before. I didn't know this of course, my trainer didn't tell me before the fight and just told me he looked a bit tasty and for me to keep my guard up.

First round he pasted me all round the ring but I had a good chin and honestly never felt in trouble. Trainer told me to let loose second round as he was a round in front out of 3. I came rushing out the corner Ali style and pile drived a left smack on his chin, it was like a fecking torpedo and his feet came off the floor as he fell on his arse. My trainer waved me on when the kid sprung to his feet like a gymnast. In I went guns a blazing. He dodged every bullet and countered with his own. Repeat first round, I never felt a thing but was pinned under the top rope with punches raining in on me. In came the ref, fight over.

As I climbed out the ring spectators were giving me money, never seen before at my level. You just put the ABA champ on his arse, nobody has ever done that , one chap said to me.

The moral of the story.....Just because you put someone on their arse.....It ain't always over!!

I never rushed in quite as quick after that.

Dear Frank bless him. Not the sharpest knife in the block but I can identify in a way.

I boxed as an amateur although did spar with some pros. I came through the ranks in Essex and after beating the best two intermediates from Basildon and Canvey clubs got put into an intercounty tournament. Essex v London.

My match up was older than me and the ABA champ from the year before. I didn't know this of course, my trainer didn't tell me before the fight and just told me he looked a bit tasty and for me to keep my guard up.

First round he pasted me all round the ring but I had a good chin and honestly never felt in trouble. Trainer told me to let loose second round as he was a round in front out of 3. I came rushing out the corner Ali style and pile drived a left smack on his chin, it was like a fecking torpedo and his feet came off the floor as he fell on his arse. My trainer waved me on when the kid sprung to his feet like a gymnast. In I went guns a blazing. He dodged every bullet and countered with his own. Repeat first round, I never felt a thing but was pinned under the top rope with punches raining in on me. In came the ref, fight over.

As I climbed out the ring spectators were giving me money, never seen before at my level. You just put the ABA champ on his arse, nobody has ever done that , one chap said to me.

The moral of the story.....Just because you put someone on their arse.....It ain't always over!!

I never rushed in quite as quick after that.

Out of interest NRD what weight and decade did you fight in?

1975 to 77, 9 stone. Intermediate age between junior and senior. Last fight was against Mark Kaylor of West Ham, he became British Middleweight champion later on , didnt lay a glove on me. Basically the better you get the more you need to train and work and girls kind of got in the way of training. I worked in a supermarket and was coming into work with scuffs and grazes to my face, split lips and black eyes, the manager didn't like it much. It's a tough sport , I enjoyed it and got myself in the local newspaper a few times, my Grandad was well chuffed.