Crewe Fans Complain! | Vital Football

Crewe Fans Complain!

Neither the bike shed nor the BM offer restricted views. The Selenity does, but that is for home fans. Strange complaint on that basis.

There may well be a small bunch of sour grapes in this, but I do see their point. Even looking at the photo in the article, you can clearly see that the home dug-out obscures a decent amount of the pitch. Add to that, our staff patrolling the touchline and I guess its a little worse still.
I've often commented similar to my mate. I would be very displeased to travel any kind of distance, paying £20 to get in, and being sat in the bus-shelter in the corner, win or lose! Those in the Bridge McFarland can have no complaints, it being a similar view to that named on their tickets!

Neither the bike shed nor the BM offer restricted views. The Selenity does, but that is for home fans. Strange complaint on that basis.
The bike shed does on the side nearest the tunnel.

Even so, there were enough non-restricted seats they could have used.

EDIT - Just clicked the link, which shows the SW/Echo corner difficult to see.

Believe our away fans had issues at the Plastic Green Rovers internationally acclaimed stadium, about not being undercover!.
We're we told to wind our necks in?. Or was anything done about that by the ELF?

Bring more fans..........get more room.

That is probably the bottom line. They can hardly expect the best seats when they only have 173 fans and the home side is selling out 90% of its capacity every match. Crewe's support equated to just 9% of the capacity of the SW stand - do they really expect Lincoln to waste 1800 seats just to please the 173?

There may well be a small bunch of sour grapes in this, but I do see their point. Even looking at the photo in the article, you can clearly see that the home dug-out obscures a decent amount of the pitch. Add to that, our staff patrolling the touchline and I guess its a little worse still.
I've often commented similar to my mate. I would be very displeased to travel any kind of distance, paying £20 to get in, and being sat in the bus-shelter in the corner, win or lose! Those in the Bridge McFarland can have no complaints, it being a similar view to that named on their tickets!

Likewise.

1 – not being situated in the stand as advised on the Matchday ticket.
2 – fans situated in the side stand having a restricted view of the match which wasn’t advised on the Matchday ticket due to being in the incorrect stand.

Those are totally valid complaints. It is irrelevant how many tickets Crewe sold, those that bought them were not given what they bought.

Effectively, the club re-sold their seats to home supporters after the event in order to make more money, and those Crewe fans who were given the seats shown in the link should be given refunds.

On the other hand, they will never have been in the away section at somewhere like the Mestalla, Valencia, where the passengers of planes landing nearby have a better view of the pitch.

keep the home fans happy.
maximise the impact of the home fans.
minimise the impact of the away fans.
all clubs do it.

i do think the club should not be charging full whack for restricted views though. which also happens in the selenity.

1 – not being situated in the stand as advised on the Matchday ticket.
2 – fans situated in the side stand having a restricted view of the match which wasn’t advised on the Matchday ticket due to being in the incorrect stand.

Those are totally valid complaints. It is irrelevant how many tickets Crewe sold, those that bought them were not given what they bought.

Effectively, the club re-sold their seats to home supporters after the event in order to make more money, and those Crewe fans who were given the seats shown in the link should be given refunds.

On the other hand, they will never have been in the away section at somewhere like the Mestalla, Valencia, where the passengers of planes landing nearby have a better view of the pitch.

I imagine somewhere in T&Cs there's a 'reserve right to change seat' type clause. I haven't checked though.

Believe our away fans had issues at the Plastic Green Rovers internationally acclaimed stadium, about not being undercover!.
We're we told to wind our necks in?. Or was anything done about that by the ELF?

it was terrible undercroft/tent for refreshment and a dilapidated terrace in pissing rain whilst 6 fans stand in covered terrace.

Made Andersons winner so much better!

There probably is some small print like that written in by some weasel.

But it would be nice if, just once, someone would do the right thing.

Finding a way to get all the fans into a match that want to watch it is the right thing.

Crewe were in a single area albeit across 2 stands with plenty of capacity for unrestricted view.