Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Lincoln City | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Lincoln City

How do we stand up to the rules regarding players played the number of the first team games required?
Will we be getting fined?

From listening to Danny's post match interview he wasn't happy with the offside decision for the goal Andrade had disallowed.
Thoughts from those who were there, granted you're behind the goal?

Impossible to tell from behind the goal but it was a surprise to see the Lino with his flag up. Maybe the settee brigade on I follow would have had a better view

Strange how we see games and players so differently.
Gordon was pretty pathetic at defending and hardly passed to a Lincoln player the entire first half. Very good attacking wise in the 2nd half but is obvious why DC would play Wilson ahead of him if Eardley is ever injured. Green and Mensah looked miles away from replacing Akinde and Andrade in a first choice team and Rhead had far away his best half hour of the season after the hour mark. Andrade coukd easily be MoM for a simply brilliant 20 minute game changing cameo performance. Whartons first 15 minutes were a nightmare but steadied and improved.
Entertaining enjoyable game but played in an atmosphere similar to a pre season friendly and Humphries for Scunny looked a proper player.
P. S Slocombe had his best game yet for us.
Spot on with that analysis, John.

Impossible to tell from behind the goal but it was a surprise to see the Lino with his flag up. Maybe the settee brigade on I follow would have had a better view

Providing it was being judged against the two central defenders (and there was nobody out of camera shot), I had to peer around the side of my monitor as it was close, but it looked very slightly offside to me

Judging by the rules listed by ScotImp at the start of this thread I can't see we'd have any problems.

*Ahem* Shouldn't be a problem, Wilson, Pett, Greeny and Rheady all qualify as having more than 40 first team appearances in the league, anything else from our perspective doesn't matter.

Played the offside goal back a few times in slow mo, difficult to tell if he's in line with the defender in the center or marginally in front from Akinde's header. It's close.
Either way lovely finish as mentioned

There's a lovely example of a basketball "pick" at the corner on around the 9 minute mark (the one Wharton almost got on the end of at the far post)

Rheady's standing on the penalty spot and moves towards the taker, Wharton runs round to the back post past him and Rheady blocks Whartons marker beautifully. Fair play to their player he did brilliantly to get back and clear it, whereupon he goes mad at the ref for not spotting the block.