EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 50 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

That's right Waldo, they are deliberarely destroying their own businesses. I can't work out why but I'm sure Tarian knows.

A bloke who is good at running pubs knws fat more than the Governor of he Bank.of England. I think there are about 3 other well known business people ( out of hundreeds) who agree with him so have faith.

I gather that nice Rupert Murdoch is a Brexiteer, lets put our future in his hands. He'll no doubt look after workers' rights after we've lost the protection EU membership afforded us.

Belieeeeeeve.

Fish. Yes, better for fishing, I'll.grant you that.

Blimey, I need auto correct, don't I. It was banned by tthe EU but I'll type accurately after next March.

How is the linked article related to claims of "stockpiling" materials?
The article lists predictable concerns about possible hurdles and delays.
But nowhere does it anticipate serious difficulties bringing in materials.

One can infer one possible reason for "stockpiling" - and it isn't new border controls !
Our larger customers are stockpiling in anticipation of a no deal scenario with WTO terms. This will give them 2 years cover, at a price that will be significantly less and will give them time to source elsewhere/make inhouse. We will also be impacted by wto tariffs as most of our suppliers are based in the eu.

I don't think Tarian has any awareness of the real world. I'm not even sure he really has his own views as most of his posts are cut and paste jobs. To be prepared and point out potential problems associated with our exit from the EU is common sense not scaremongering. He can't even grasp why firms will stockpile; somehow he thinks there's some conspiracy why goods will not flow freely. Nothing of the sort, companies are just ensuring against hiccups that could occur around the time of the UK's exit.

Brexit doesn't affect you Russians. As soon as the oil and gas price falls your economy's irrevocably fucked anyway.

Bring back the real Gills1958. You're a piss-poor imitation.

Not even particularly good at misplaced sarcasm which seems to be the only string to his bow...

At least Wayne and Waldo are lucid.

This article covers chemicals in general and it is reported that significant amounts of raw materials are imported from the EU.

Please don't dismiss statements because you either find hard to believe or fly in the face of your Brexit beliefs. I have over forty years experience in the petrochem sector, including pharma

http://files.chemicalwatch.com/CIA Brexit survey.pdf

All due respect but those forty years must have an effect on your reading ability. It says that over half the raw materials are sourced in the UK and that the companies they supply are all multinationals.

Over half, even though there are 27 other countries in the EU.

I would be pretty certain that those multinationals have arms in the EU that need the UK raw materials as much as we need the EU raw materials.

And yet apparently the EU need not compromise as they will be unaffected by no deal.

All due respect but those forty years must have an effect on your reading ability. It says that over half the raw materials are sourced in the UK and that the companies they supply are all multinationals.
So just under half come mainly from the EU; we don't know if they're critical materials or not but any disruption could have an affect, which is why the major pharma companies and the NHS are stockpiling. Any disruption could be short term; it may be longer. We just don't know but you're assuming all will be fine.

I've told you, these experts know nothing. These idiots who run successful businesses are stupid for stockpiling.

I trust Rees Mogg who is so patriotic that he has just set up some hedge funds in Dublin. I was told by a Brexit mate of mine how much he loves this country.

Belieeeeeve.

You definitely listen to James O'Brien don't you :p

Belieeeeeeeeeeeeeeve

I'm out at 1000 (many will be relieved to know).

Yes to James O'Brien btw.

Just 3 to go. I recommend Wayne or Tarian to finish this off. Perhaps they could negotiate a last minute Brexit deal.

Beat me to it (BTW how does Trashbat know about our favourite hobby?).

Will start a new thread when the October announcement is made, unless someone else is quick off the mark again.

Happy Brexit break, all !

Our larger customers are stockpiling in anticipation of a no deal scenario with WTO terms. This will give them 2 years cover, at a price that will be significantly less and will give them time to source elsewhere/make inhouse. We will also be impacted by wto tariffs as most of our suppliers are based in the eu.

At last, someone comes up with a "reason" i.e. protection against possible higher costs.

But the assertion "will" be impacted by higher costs is an assumption.

Given Article 24 of GATT, the EU & UK could agree a temporary (up to 10 years) application of existing, zero tariffs.

Given the current imbalance in trade - and however bullshitty the EU might be on other stuff - please give reasons why the EU would automatically apply tariffs and on what things.

Over half, even though there are 27 other countries in the EU.

I would be pretty certain that those multinationals have arms in the EU that need the UK raw materials as much as we need the EU raw materials.

And yet apparently the EU need not compromise as they will be unaffected by no deal.
I've to-day been prescribed a long term course of treatment based on drugs manufactured in Bulgaria. I hope the NHS is stockpiling them as I write.