2018 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

2018 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Wed 4 July
Federico Fernandez -
“We have to work all together with the new manager – we must try to do the things he wants,” the Argentinian international said.
“We must all get ready and make sure we are fit to help the club.
“Then, when the season starts, we want to have a winning team at the Liberty Stadium.

Wed 11 July
Federico Fernandez -
“I am looking for a different kind of option to maybe get the chance to get back into the Argentina squad. Of course, I have a contract with Swansea. I am here working hard, but really I want to try, if a club is interested in me, to play at another level. Krasnador are a club who are very interested in me, but I need to wait for other options as well. I think it is early and I need to wait a couple of weeks to see what happens.”

So what has happened in only seven days that has changed his mind?

It's a valid point and I think a lot of us are worried about us signing youngsters and a total lack of experience. Hopefully we'll add a few but I reckon we're waiting to sell experience before bringing in replacements.

Joel Asoro from Sunderland no longer a rumour, deal complete for 2 mill.
The Sun saying Burnley are targeting Sam Clucas in a 12 mill deal to boost their squad for the coming Europa League campaign.

Joel Asoro from Sunderland no longer a rumour, deal complete for 2 mill.
The Sun saying Burnley are targeting Sam Clucas in a 12 mill deal to boost their squad for the coming Europa League campaign.
God I hope that is also true. Not the right fit for me. No idea what his best position is

Bartley no longer a rumour, gone to WBA for 4 mill.
VdH is the only centre back left who doesn’t want to go, what a shambles.
Our first league game in a few weeks time and we are in the middle of what can only be described as a bankruptcy sale.
I thought the defence would consist of VdH and Bartley as centre backs, as Amat wants to return to Spain and Mawson will be gone as soon as he’s fit.

Baston, who we signed from Atletico Madrid for a record 15.5 mill in 2016 on a four year contract, has gone to La Liga side Alaves on a season long loan. He was on loan all last season as well, with Malaga, and scored two goals.
In his first season he did actually play for us and scored the grand total of one goal.

Cant be true surely, The Swans have set a price and are looking for a minimum fee of £12m for the Ayew brothers, according to Football Ghana.
AAyew alone cost us £18mill in January, are we that desperate to get them off the wage bill we have to sell at give away prices?

Swansea are set to sign 21 year old Manchester City midfielder and Kosovo international Bersant Celina for £4mill. He was on loan at Ipswich last season and scored 7 goals in 32 appearances.

Swansea are set to sign 21 year old Manchester City midfielder and Kosovo international Bersant Celina for £4mill. He was on loan at Ipswich last season and scored 7 goals in 32 appearances.

Like the sound of this one. But we need to strengthen in other positions now

......on loan apparently, are they that hard up. Fernandez played under Benitez at Napoli before coming to us.
AAyew has reportedly agreed to join Fenerbahce on season long loan. He is also linked to Leicester as they look for Mahrez’s replacement
Aberdeen have named a price for 21 year old centre back Scott McKenna at £3.5 mill. Hull have already had a £2 mill bid rejected.
The Yeovil and ex Cardiff City right back Tom James’s name has been linked to us again in a £350,000 deal.

Ryan Woods left out of the Brentford side yesterday, good omen?
Just the sort of player we need in midfield and I hope we pull it off.

Clucas looks as if he’s on his way to Burnley for 8 mill, reportedly up in Burnley for a medical. Supposedly injured, let’s see if he makes a sudden miraculous recovery like Llorente did.
Another loss making player gone in the fire sale.

Last edited:
Clucas deal may be off, report saying Burnley do not want to sign an injured player. Really, is it only now at this late stage that they’re realising he’s still recovering from injury?
Does this put the Ryan Woods deal in jeopardy?