Tony Xia Thread | Page 73 | Vital Football

Tony Xia Thread

I'm at the point now where I say bring it on, this shit has to stop and paying 5k a week players 30k has to stop.

He can continue to hold on as long as the bills are paid no matter what he has to do to pay them e.g. sell the players ,sell the assets and theres bugger all anyone can do until he has sold all possible assets,only then upon the threat of court action will he need to take the club into admin.
and by then we could be left with just the name.

We will have to give players away as nobody is going to pay for them when they can just sit and wait for us to go tits up .

One of the things I don't understand is why if we are so cash strapped did we give Hutton a new deal ? even 10k a week is 500k a year and if we have no money that becomes serious dosh . I'm clinging to this as a sign we are not completely skint as it doesn't make sense

Maybe we signed Hutton up so we can get a fee for him .

Now he's back in the UK I expect he'll be popping up to Bodymoor Heath this week to give another one of his motivational speeches to the playing squad.....'Doing it the Dr's way....How to fuck up a famous club in just two years'....:shake:

I'm really surprised he's come over. Not surprised he's in London at not villa park/bodymoor though.

Wonder if he's in the Travelodge Euston what with all this lack of cash, or perhaps he's found some cash down the sofa and is at The Mandarin Oriental

There's a massive mystery about how bad, or good, our finances really are. Yep we can add the £20m drop in parachute payment to the £22m drop in allowed FFP losses and make £42m. But that tell's us nothing.

The last accounts were for the 2016-2017 year, where we made a loss of £7.5m or £14.5m, depending on whether you look at the club accounts or Recon Group UK accounts. Not that huge. We've no idea of the losses, if any, for last year.

We've no idea of the losses which were counted in FFP for the last couple of years. It depends on whether the total for the two is greater or less than £26m as to whether the allowed loss this year is less or greater than £13m. May be irrelevant because it's not known how much of a loss this year the club can afford, if any at all.

Against that there was no hesitation in offering Hutton, who we were certain would be going, a new contract. And it was reported (in the mail?) that Organ's statement to the board a few weeks ago said that the club's finances weren't actually too bad. We've done a fair amount to reduce the wage bill over the last couple of years, to £61m then to £46m, and the players who have gone this summer have probably cut another £12m or so off it.

Looking at the 2016-17 figures, the big drop was sponsorship, from £11m to £2m. We've no idea if we've improved on those drops in income last year.

Think the only tangible thing we have is that Xia is desperately scrambling around to find money, and that doesn't look good.

We appear to have an owner who won't dare show his face on his own property on match days.
Where's the pleasure in that?

Can't see him ever being welcomed back at Villa Park, so can anyone answer the $64000 question. Why is he claiming he wants to hang on to ownership?? The man is a crook, and he's going to ruin our great club, if something doesn't change soon. We are weeks away from the beginning of a new season, and can anyone see, any player in their right mind joining us at present, with the turmoil the club is going through. Im not one for bad language but Xia, is driving me closer and closer. Purposely didn't give him title Dr, it in some way makes him educated, the man belongs on a building site between scaffolding .... If you know what I mean !!!!

Xia describes himself as a businessman. Strikes me he's the sort who invests in businesses rather than runs them, maybe ends up as chairman rather than CEO. He may be quite bright but you need a lot of experience to successfully run a company, particularly a football one. Think he thought he had the finances of Villa taped and let Wyness and Round get on with running it. He hadn't the experience to realise what the finances of a football club entail, particularly in England. Massively out of his depth. When he realised he gambled on promotion. Didn't come off. No idea where Wyness and Round fit into this; did they believe he had more money than he had?

To be fair Mc there was plenty of hesitation with Hutton with meetings cancelled etc - that episode would've been uglier had Hutton decided to let his agent start playing games.

Did we ever find out why Mervyn King and David Berenstein lasted 5 minutes?
Through last season it really felt that at last there was a proper management structure in the club that would take us forward.

I'm at the point now where I say bring it on, this shit has to stop and paying 5k a week players 30k has to stop.
Problem is it's catch 22....don't they won't sign.

This is why we need better options rather than saying 'him'. Main target says 40k, club says our second choice is only asking for 20k meet in the middle. Save that way like most clubs seem to when they get good players within their wage structure. For too many years it seem player has come in with agent and said 45k and Villa have gone, sure you don't want to round it to 50k.

Highest attendances in the league and skint, put that one on your CV Dr Xia.
As others have said it may get worse before it improves, I hope that's not the case.
UTV