Summer transfer thread | Page 128 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

Disagree. A top keeper at this level could save us points and also proves that we are planning for life in the top flight. 10 mill could prove to be a bargain.

There is no way on earth £10m can ever be a bargain for a keeper at this level at this time when we have already signed an excellent one.

Spending £10m+ on a keeper at this level is pure insanity. Ones that do the job you need are easy to find for relatively little. We already have one.

Insane and if it turns out to be true it will completely shake my faith in everything we have been doing this year. Spunking money like that on yet another goalkeeper can't be sensible business

Agree with both....

Jordan Smith needs game time, it appears Kapino will be released but he still has a year on his contract, plus we still haven't offloaded Henderson.

If it's a loan, with possible permanent signing - then fair enough - otherwise, I think we have bigger priorities.

The Post is also carrying a story that says Karanka hopes to sort him within 7 days.

Good player- maybe not the dominant midfielder everyone hopes that Vukcevic might be but probably cheaper over all

The Post is also carrying a story that says Karanka hopes to sort him within 7 days.

Good player- maybe not the dominant midfielder everyone hopes that Vukcevic might be but probably cheaper over all

Quietly and efficiently goes about the game.

At this level he’s a pretty solid and decent signing in my opinion.

Has a good relationship with Watson, knows the club and the manager as well as what is expected. He can hopefully play the role McKenna played under BD and allow the more creative players to flourish.

A very good player at this level

Reactions: PVH
Quietly and efficiently goes about the game.

At this level he’s a pretty solid and decent signing in my opinion.

Thing is are we taking colback and not vuk cos we've spent it all on a keeper we don't need? Solid but no more imo on the other hand with so many new players I think everyone is starting again.

Thing is are we taking colback and not vuk cos we've spent it all on a keeper we don't need? Solid but no more imo on the other hand with so many new players I think everyone is starting again.

If that turns out to be the case then I would question the decision. But it could be just paper talk - I hope so as would rather try and get Vuk or use it on some fullbacks and/or another striker - Marriott perhaps.

If that turns out to be the case then I would question the decision. But it could be just paper talk - I hope so as would rather try and get Vuk or use it on some fullbacks and/or another striker - Marriott perhaps.

I think we have done the critical stuff and now is about trying to get rid. The more we get rid the more we have to play with.

Wonder what's happening with mings? £8m is too much imo but some reports were putting his value at £3.5m.

Guess we're going to know for sure in the next few weeks.