Birmingham City | Vital Football

Birmingham City

The Poacher

Vital Squad Member
I know that it's nothing to do with us but brum has been placed in a transfer embargo.
Pederson has just signed for them but EFL has informed Birmingham City that he has to return to his parent club as they (EFL) cannot accept his registration due to the embargo.
As a nffc supporter I have sympathy for the blue noses as we have been their and done that. What now for Gary monk will he walk?
Interesting times on the horizon as their could be more clubs joining them.

Nothing on Skysports about that yet TP - have they been put in embargo due to losses or some other reason!

I did see that Bolton players had gone on strike over non payment of wages - which may well scupper Zach Clough rejoining them on season loan?!

Nothing on Skysports about that yet TP - have they been put in embargo due to losses or some other reason!

I did see that Bolton players had gone on strike over non payment of wages - which may well scupper Zach Clough rejoining them on season loan?!

All over bcfc twitter. Fans are up in arms about this, blaming you know who good old Harry Rednal. Hope this helps OK.

Nothing concrete on this yet. Be interesting to see if any of the ‘big’ morning papers pick up on it.

I think the embargo sanction has softened recently where clubs are given leeway into getting into an agreed position by a certain time. However sanctions attached to this plan have stiffened to include points deductions if agreed actions are just ignored or paid lip service to.

That’s how it has been explained to me but don’t know how true it is. Was told this by a freelance accountant who has been working in the finance department at sheff wed.

Yeah I am getting the impression that other than the relegated sides we are one of the few sides with money to spend and the ability to spend it.

Boro have bought a few players but I am expecting at least one big sale there.

I think the embargo sanction has softened recently where clubs are given leeway into getting into an agreed position by a certain time. However sanctions attached to this plan have stiffened to include points deductions if agreed actions are just ignored or paid lip service to.

That’s how it has been explained to me but don’t know how true it is. Was told this by a freelance accountant who has been working in the finance department at sheff wed.

It has not softened Ozzy, a good deal of the ambiguity has been removed; the scale of punishments have been increased and not before time.

From what I can make out, Birmingham were notified that they would be in breach of the rules unless certain action was taken; it looks like the action taken was not enough and the EFL have blocked a transfer.

Because all clubs have a different financial year end, the EFL accept projections of the final accounts for year three.

This means that at the end of each season the EFL can see who the likely transgressors are and act before the new transfer window becomes active.

I would guess that Birmingham's breach is very minor and the possibility of them complying is a formality; other wise it would be all over the press and Sky by now.

I think the facts that the dailies and sky sports etc haven’t gone after the story is quite telling.

There is a story from birminghamlive that lists us and Fulham as still being in embargo which is a little odd to say the least.

I would guess that as soon as they tidy things up to the EFLs satisfaction it will all blow over for them at least.

I think the facts that the dailies and sky sports etc haven’t gone after the story is quite telling.

There is a story from birminghamlive that lists us and Fulham as still being in embargo which is a little odd to say the least.

I would guess that as soon as they tidy things up to the EFLs satisfaction it will all blow over for them at least.

Us & Fulham in embargo ....:lol:

The media generally don't show an ounce on interest in FFP or parachute payments even though they're the most fundamental challenges affecting every team in the Championship.