The Aston Villa Kit Thread 2018 - Luke Roper Shirt | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Aston Villa Kit Thread 2018 - Luke Roper Shirt

Decent enough kits imho
But I won't be buying either til they are reduced to £5-10

Might I suggest this classic from Scoredraw at a mere £25. Blue sleeves at a reduced cost. Can't say fairer than that.:tophat:
Of course, the financial situation would remain unchanged and your status as a fan may be diminished.
16-189.jpg

Northampton, any profit made on these kits is going straight to china . That's why I'm not buying, not that I ever do anyway until they are virtually given away and then they just go in my collection probably never to be worn

Phew! The colours are correct and not the turquoise and pink interpretation of the training apparel, for me that's the most important thing. With Sir Dennis on this one.

In the world cup thread, a poster (I've forgotten who sorry) mocked up a shirt with a diagonal blue stripe a la Peru which I thought was great. Would've preffered that if no blue sleeves. Like the simple away and goalkeeper shirts.

The idea of reinterpreting relegation kits is a bit strange though.
Here's the Villa top Peru style
home.png
away.png

I can remember a couple of months ago someone put some designs on here which were very good and were certainly better designed than these.

I am happy with my 1981 retro shirt which is a thing of beauty.

Agreed Sir Den. All this sell em a new shirt every year is part of what's wrong with modern football. I agree with JF, I have no wish to be a walking billboard. Do like the team to look the part though.

First impressions of the new kit was oh it's the old mid 80's Steve McMahon style.

It's ok overall, but the sponsor font is horrible so BIG and bland (how much influence designers have on sponsor logo i don't know) . I think LUKE1977 like us all are probably influenced by his childhood memories of watching Villa and his age would correspond to that mid 80's period.

Needs more light blue to the top personally, i think on occasions if the blue shorts are worn it will look better.

I just cant understand Villa fans.

Two weeks aho Red Bull were an absolute no no because they "will change our kit".

Then a Villa fan does exactly the same and "its fine".

I have said now since MON left, Villa has lost its identity, and this is one example.

When I go on hols, i will see football shirts from all over the world. You can see them a mile off...... "there is a Man U fan" "there is a Liverpool fan".

What will people see of someone in a Villa shirt..... "who is that ?" and for the more knowledgable.... "bloody hell, you dont see many Scunthorpe shirts do you".

That kit is Scunthorpe , NOT Aston Villa.

Imagine if Newcastle did this ? Well, you cant coz they wouldnt would they !

Absolutely love it. I was utterly bored to tears of claret body blue sleeves and therefore haven't bought a villa top in ages, I will be buying this one for sure.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Aston_Villa/Aston_Villa.htm

Some shirts dont even have sleeves, some shirts do, historically shirts have had either claret or blue sleeves, some had one claret and one blue.

How about the black and white stripes coming back?

For 7 seasons we played in a red shirt....

I get the peoples association with the claret shirt with blue sleeves...
But the supporters will forget about the sleeves when Grealish gets sold.