Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 33 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

So now that Hopper is at Southend, Grant is looking unlikely with his brush with the law, repeat re Miller, I know we were sort of rumoured to be interested in Mandron and Taylor (though that was prob always unlikely). Are there any others that might have been linked? It would be good to have a few others to think about to while away the days/weeks until we hopefully get this fabled striker(s)

Just O'connor ex Notts Clownty linked i know of! Very quiet on whispers im afraid!

Reminds me very much of last close season. Hawkridge, Power etc. leave despite being offered contracts, wondering how much we wanted to keep them. Linked with various players who then sign elsewhere. I remember feeling quite down at that time but then we ended up okay although would like to think a little better this time

Players recently followed by the Cowleys on Twitter
Payne of Shrewsbury and Danny Lloyd...

Wasn’t there rumours that we tried to get Payne on loan in the conference winning year?

Hasn’t massively kicked on since leaving Dover but I think he would be a decent signing.

Forest Green would be my bet. Cardiff have been chasing Doidge for the last year - the Bogle deal could be a makeweight for Doidge to join them. I reckon they are the only club in League Two who would be willing to take on his huge wages.

is doidge good enough for the premier league?

trying to work out what's going on with bogle... he was playing for cardiff at the top of the championship up until xmas

Forest Green would be my bet. Cardiff have been chasing Doidge for the last year - the Bogle deal could be a makeweight for Doidge to join them. I reckon they are the only club in League Two who would be willing to take on his huge wages.
You really think a player of his class would go to the smallest club in the Football League? If he does, serious question marks would have to be put against his ambition and motivation.

Personally I think there’s no chance FGR are the team in question. Will surely be one of the bigger fish in the division ... and we are now arguably the biggest given our attendances and financial position.

You really think a player of his class would go to the smallest club in the Football League? If he does, serious question marks would have to be put against his ambition and motivation.

Personally I think there’s no chance FGR are the team in question. Will surely be one of the bigger fish in the division ... and we are now arguably the biggest given our attendances and financial position.
would you not question his ambition and motivation whichever league two club it was?

What are his wages going to be at Cardiff? £10,000 per week? Who can afford that in League Two? Forest Green can, if the £12,000 per week they are alleged to be paying George Williams is true. What does joining 'the smallest club in the Football League' (they aren't, but never mind) say about the ambition of a current Welsh international?

There were rumours on Wednesday night of a couple of incoming signings at Mansfield by the end of the week, but tonight Lady Radford issued an apology on Facebook when they didn't materialise. Sounds like something went wrong - I wonder whether Bogle might have been one of them?

We all assume that all footballers are only motivated by money, I would suggest that probably 95% are at our level and rightly so, it's a short career so make hay whilst the sun is shining.

Looking at our current squad of 14 senior pro's, 22% (rounding up) are not motivated purely by money. Bossy, Eards and Frec could have clearly played higher up the pyramid and be earning more money than they currently are but are here.

I would have thought that Wilson is earning less than his previous contract too which would be 28.5 % of the squad.

The DC/NC model bucks the trend in more ways than one and long may it continue.

To quote Toffolo "to have a manager that wants me to get better and a football club that wants to develop me is so refreshing and I want to be a part of it"

As Danny has said since day dot, the personality comes before the footballing ability. I would imagine that the Dynamic duo kiss a lot of frogs to find out that they are indeed frogs, occasionally the smooching uncovers the mentality and minerals of a Boswick/Raggett/Eardley/Frecklington/Wilson type of individual that fits the #impsasone #weareimps #bleedforthebadge #teamfirst #hardworkdayindayout #givetheverybestversionofyourself